"There is only one Ferrari, and this isn't it" | Page 6 | FerrariChat

"There is only one Ferrari, and this isn't it"

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by t88power, Nov 17, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enzomoon

enzomoon Guest

ZJPJ:

So true! Oh sure, I would rather have a garish Diablo with a huge sticker on the side than one of the most desirable Ferrari road cars of all time. The fact that he is dumb enough to think it is a 240Z or even make such a comparison(I can't believe that even he is that idiotic) tells you all you need to know. By the way, what a stunning car.....I envy you.

Best,

Mark

2. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    You know what Allen, a couple of months ago a guy with 300zx told me that he tought the 300 zx was a nicer looking car. I respect that, different people different tastes. But he had enough logic to say that the 355 was probably the better car. Had a nice conversation and he was on his way. Like I allways say opinions are like a.. holes everyone's got one. But you on the other hand must have too much money to buy a Ferrari wanna be and have no respect for other peoples opinions and never go away. For a lambo girl shouldn't you be in a lambo forum?

3. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    The car in your profile is something else - is that yours? If so, that's great. Now that's a car!!

4. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    There is no waiting list for the lambo because there not enough rappers out there. lol

5. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Thanks guys - but don't be envious! Unfortunately, the 275 is not mine, but it is without a doubt my ultimate dream (that's my I've put it on my profile - I hope that's allowed), and when I find the right one, it will be the pride of my collection. I prefer the shortnose, which is good because the longnose seems to command a premium. I'll keep shopping and saving and, someday....

6. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    There's a reason the long nose commands a premium. It's a much better car. The short nose is squirley at high speed, dosen't have a torque tube, which make shifting under power poor),looks worse and is more prone to overheating. There is also a reason the 4 cams command an even higher premium. Before you buy one of these I'd drive one. They're great cars but not something you'd want to drive every day.

7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Ok, thanks for the advice. I'll definitely drive one first. I have some great pics of a longnose at Wide World of Cars from many years ago. I'll try to find them and scan them for everyone.

8. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Guys, there is alot of history here. Its not unusual for people to get worked up over Allan's comments, but step back for a minute:

* Ferraris are not perfect, and are deserving of criticism. I am as enthusiastic about them as most of you, but the specific cars have specific faults that are important to address. The fact that some of this criticism comes from Allan, or any other source, doesn't mean the complaints are meritless.

* Over the past two decades (arguably since the Daytona), the cars have become softer, heavier and less about absolute performance than a compromise between performance, comfort and luxury. The general direction of Ferrari's overall philosophy is worth questioning. (Yes, the 360 Stradale is more performance oriented, but what about it equivalent in a 12?) Whether i can fit a set of golf clubs in a sports car is not a question i am likely to ask, but Ferrari apparently thinks that's important to its customer base.

* Fighting over the "better car" is, for the most part silly. Alot of you see this in Allan's devotion to Lambo, but fail to see it in your own absolute belief in Ferrari's superiority.

* I know many of you have not driven the GT-2, and you would be absolutely astounded at the level of performance that comes from this car; not just acceleration, but handling, road feel, litheness and that feeling of becoming "one" with the machine. My point isn't that the GT-2 is better than the Ferrari overall (it is not), or that you'd rather own it than a 360 (most of you have already voiced your opinion to the contrary), but even though the P car is not as sexy, and has an interior straight from a prefab nightmare, it is actually a better driving car than the 550/575 in my estimation, based on owning and driving the hell out of all of them.

My point: don't get worked up about proving to Allan that the Ferrari is better than the Lambo because in the process of doing so, you become just what you are accusing Allan of; being singleminded to the point of excluding all else, including reason.

9. enzomoon

enzomoon Guest

WHART:

With all due respect, I think you are missing the main point entirely. The fact is that most if not all of us realise that Ferraris are not perfect nor do I feel that others need to subscribe to my views of their merits relative to any other car, including Lamborghinis or any other car for that matter.
    The simple point is that this is Ferrari Board......intended(naturally) for those who share some common interest/passion for the marque. Allan has his views which he is of course entitled to. However, those views are 99% of the time disparaging to the marque and are typically pointless, except to cause consternation. If I frequented the Lamborghini site extolling my views that they are generally inferior cars I would(and should) expect similar responses to those which Allan has generated here. Logic would dictate this.....
    Obviously, in the grand scheme of things this is all pretty unimportant to our daily lives but still......a certain level of civilty can be expected of anyone on this board and through his long history of inflammatory, negative posts Allan fails by any measure.

Regards,

Mark

10. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Mark: Point taken, and while i am not entirely comfortable defending Allan, i do often see substantive merit in his comments, however he may be lacking in civility. Its just that there seems to be a whole new group of participants on the board getting worked up (and yes, perhaps this just shows that Allan evokes the same reaction in most everybody), for naught. Allan is provocative, but the threads are often worthwhile, despite some of the personal invective. I was hoping to encourage people, particularly those without some past history of Allan, to refrain from getting in there and just bashing away, since Allan loves to fight in the mud. But, he can be equally adept at jousting, which is not only cleaner, but requires more finesse and can be fun as well as useful.
    I don't mind the passion or the outbursts, as long as i learn something. (Talking about the size of Allan's dick is rather pointless, and it was that which i was trying to discourage, without encouraging Allan. As we know, he can spar on that level all day).
    Anyway, it doesn't suprise me at all the the baby Lambo is regarded as a better driving car than the 360. In its day, when the Countach was squared off against the Boxer, and later the Testarossa, the reviews often came out the same way, with the usual caveat about the Lambo being a ***** to fit into, and having no visibility, but having the more hardcore handling, better sounds, and an amazing directness to its drive. Usually, though, the reviewer concluded that the Ferrari had a better overall fit and finish and was more "practical." Maybe things haven't changed all that much, except the little Lambo is a little less extreme now too, and you might even be able to get it fixed if it breaks.

11. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    You're right, its not fair. COmpare it to the 550/575! It smokes that ****bomb also.

12. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Once you get the hang of the Countach gearbox, it is actually pretty swift.

13. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Absolutely, ask Brian Albertson at Lamborghini of Dallas, or Kurt Osterman at Ultimate.

He bought them from a South Florida dealer. Not sure which one.

14. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    James, he likes the Lamborghini, says it would cause too much attention at the hospital.

15. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

I will not say the the name of the dealer, as im not sure of it. I believe there are only 2 South FLorida Dealers though, the Collection, and Shelton. So you figure it out.

16. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    LOL! You dont even own that 240Z in your profile? LOL, Always the dreamers have the most to say!

Anyway re-read my posts, i said that the 308/328/348/TR/512/F40/355 are the last great Ferrari's . Never have i said a 240Z looking bomb was included.

17. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    LOL! You dont even own that 240Z in your profile? LOL, Always the dreamers have the most to say!

Anyway re-read my posts, i said that the 308/328/348/TR/512/F40/355 are the last great Ferrari's . Never have i said a 240Z looking bomb was included.

18. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    i'm with whart on this.

from an objective point of view, half you guys sound EXACTLY like allan. if anything, allan has many valid points. i don't understand how you can personally insult the guy and then call him a jerk because he insults someone else. you can't suck and blow at the same time. the gallardo is a faster car than the 360 and better in many ways. so who cares, get what you want. but are we so narrow minded that we can't even acknowledge certain facts. now we have people saying that lambo is made to be flashy and the 360 is not.

as far as buying new 360's for sale at list. in canada, the dealer can only sell them for list. i have had 2 360's and paid list for both. it's not like new ones are sitting in inventory but used are all over the place. if anyone is paying even a penny over list they're nuts. there is a huge surplus of modena's and spider's and the wholesale prices are dropping like a rock.

allan is right on many points. i don't know why some people can't conceed to this.

19. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Using myself as an example as to the over inflated prices people here believe in, when i purchased my 1997 355 Spider, yellow/black 1 owner, 5,000 mile car,absolutely perfect car,people quoted prices of what they thought the car was worth over $20,000 higher than what i paid.

20. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    The Countach SUCKS!!! get over it!

21. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

LOL! The 360 Sucks!

22. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    Johnw, it seems to me that the reason that people are calling allanlambo names is that he is insulting, at the wrong board, and allways has to have the last word.

23. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    here's the first negative comment by either party. allan is a ferrari owner who makes a comment that lambo's are faster and this is considerered an appropriate response?

by the way, i have owned 3 ferrari's, drive a 360 and have never owned a lambo. i just dont understand why people get so bent out of shape for what is essentially the truth.

24. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Here is a Lamborghini dealers statement as to Gallardo and their availability:

All dealers received two demonstrators that we are not supposed to sell{deliver} for eight weeks. An early e-gear will bring 50 k over. The six speeds will bring a premium, but not as much as the E gear. All dealers should get our first allocation of Gallardos the 2nd week of December. There are a lot of cars out there for sale,but nobody has taken delivery of a Gallardo, unless the lamborghini dealer sold their demonstrator.

25. Jay

Jay Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Because the truth hurts and many are threatened by it. They don't think rationally about it, they go into attack mode. It's all to easy to gain supporters in an attack and thus they feel justified.