I want to drive my car dammit!!!! | FerrariChat

I want to drive my car dammit!!!!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by barcheta, Mar 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    This crummy weather is cramping my style!!!! Enough rain and snow already PLEASE!!!!

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#2 dm_n_stuff, Mar 19, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    it only rained alittle this morning...otherwise I think it's just gonna be cloudy...although the weathermen are known to be wrong (all the time). And it's freezing out.

4. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    i think today will be in the60s..lets get o ut and drive...drop those tops...ferrari rules!!!!

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I used to live in Delaware County, but after the icy winter of 1993/94, I said "never again". Why not move to the South? Here you can drive it almost year-round.

6. Modena 360

Modena 360 Rookie

Feb 12, 2004
    Central Pa
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It was actually sunny this morning so I washed my car and thought I'd be able to go for a little ride. Came in ate lunch and it started to rain. I hate this weather.
    I'ready to move south.
    Tom

7. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Come down to North Carolina... In the Piedmont area, we get all four seasons, but none of them are too extreme. Winter is pretty mild, and there's usually only about 7-10 days the whole winter when snow/ice/salt is on the roads. People are friendly, property is cheap, and the roads are great!

An hour to the mountains, a few more to the beach.

-Daniel

p.s. And the basketball ain't bad either!

8. wfo900

wfo900 Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2003
    Annapolis
    Full Name:
    Rich C
    I finally took the F car out for a long drive Sunday am -up the usual route of empty back roads from DC to above Thurmont. It was cold as heck there and a little SNOW. But I think Spring is here for drivers. Roads were in pretty good shape all the way until I tried to do lunch in Georgetown - that was the worst road maintenance by far

9. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Sweet! you had the top down I hope... I finally took mine out sunday.... nice little cruise 'round annapolis area. It was breezy but nice.

10. wfo900

wfo900 Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2003
    Annapolis
    Full Name:
    Rich C
    Are there any good Ferrari roads around Annapolis? The only ones I'm privy to are kind of straight but I only really know the major highways

11. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

There are absolutely some good twisty roads around Annapolis, nothing too wide open except Route 50, but pull out a map and check into almost anything aorund Davidsonville Road. You can take the Beltway to Route 50 East and get off onto Davidsonville Road. Some good bets are Governors Bridge Road, BVirdsville Road, Riva Road, Central Avenue and various connectors. Lots of horse country, small bridges and switchbacks. You wont be far from the South River restaurants either, check out Pauls on the South River (Riva Road) or head into old town Annapolis. If you want to end up by the water for some seafood, make your way to down town, cross over Spa Creek and turn left at the Cherner Classic dealership (maybe check out some rides too), get down a few blocks to O'Leary's on the left across from Ruth's Chris. Make reservations though, they get really busy even before it gets warm.

12. wfo900

wfo900 Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2003
    Annapolis
    Full Name:
    Rich C
    sounds like a good excuse for a group run

13. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Sounds like a plan to me!

14. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    If Porsches are welcome I would like to join the fun!

15. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    this sounds like fun... lets make it happen

16. wfo900

wfo900 Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2003
    Annapolis
    Full Name:
    Rich C
    Why wouldn't Porsches be allowed? I'm even going to the Porsche Driving experience at Barber in a couple of weeks. I got hooked on actually buying my F car by participating in the FoW track day at Summit Point in my 911. That did it for me. How about mid April on a Saturday morning?

17. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Hmmmmm! Works for me!!!!

18. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    I actually just got back from a spirited run through the hills or rural montgomery and howard counties.... It was a blast! What an awesome day!

19. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    As long as my car is back together I will be able to make it, I am in the process of doing the motor mounts :(