Ferrari UK | FerrariChat

Ferrari UK

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 1975gt4don, Mar 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1975gt4don

1975gt4don Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
    is there a way you can make your site a little bit more user friendly? I have spent the past fricking hour logging into your site, username and password, then clicking on the spare parts section. I then have to click on this other button that states that the next site is run by maranello concessions. I then click on that and I have to log in again. The whole process then repeats itself and I still am not able to log into your site. About 2 hours ago I was able to access your parts area and now I can't because I walked away from my desk and had to log in again. Now I am stuck in this infinite fricking loop. I am losing my fricking patience.

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  3. RussF

RussF Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    This Ferrari owners site is absurd. I have posted several time my frustration at my inability to get a password an log on. Many other poster have expressed similar frustrations. Notwithstanding the posts noone from the site bothered to contact me and help out. They just do not care.

4. 1975gt4don

Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
    sorry.

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    That was a joke, right?

6. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    just to be clear, that's not Ferrari UK's site. that's the Ferrari Owners Site run by Ferrari SpA in Italy.

and yes, it could certainly use a bit more user interface "tweaking" shall we say ;)

doody.

7. 1975gt4don

Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
    OK, I found the problem. Let others know about this in the future to prevent others from wasting 3 frigging hours.

Once you are logged out from inactivity, you must empty out your cache and your history files from your browser, then you must ALSO close all of your browsers, even if only one browser window is open. Reopen the ferrariowner site and log in. It will work on the first shot.

FYI.

8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I dunno.

Maybe I'm lucky, but other than the site is a little slow to load, I don't seem to have too much trouble getting where I want to go.

Oh, wait a minute, I don't use Internet Explorer as my browser. That may help some.

They folks there always respond to my questions, and are all in all, quite helpful. I've even PM's Tony a couple of times and gotten very prompt responses.

But no, it doesn't have the most user friendly interface for finding what you want.

9. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    Hi all.

We are sorry to hear that some of you are having trouble accessing parts from the Ferrari Owners' Site.

The problems you're having must be very specific as we get regular daily orders from it.

To address your problems one by one...

RussF.
    We have always said (and many times on this board) if anyone is having trouble registering or getting a password from the Factory then send us your details and we will attempt to register for you by contacting Ferrari directly. You will need to send us the answers to all the questions on the registration page.

Thanks Doody -
    as the man says, the Ferrari Owners' Site is run by Ferrari SpA in Italy. Only the parts section is run by us and links into their site for a seamless continuity of surfing as it were !

1975gt4don.
    Sorry to hear you're having problems. I don't know which browser you're using but the ONLY problem I've encountered when using the parts site is that after a period of inactivity yes, you end up in a loop without being able to get to the parts. The simple answer to this is just open a fresh browser and start again. I know that this is a pain but there is no need whatsoever (in IE6 for sure, that's what I'm in) to empty your cache, dump your history files and close all other browsers.
    This may help ?? http://www.ferrari.co.uk/parts/demo.asp

Tony h.
    Of course he was joking ! :) No-one with any knowledge of history would make such a narrow-minded statement !!

Enjoy !

10. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Jeff,
    i did wonder how USA helped us win WW1 !

11. 1975gt4don

Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
    Ferrari UK, thanks for all of your help. Yes, I am using IE 6.0, I was determined to make your site work after it briefly worked for me before I timed out. It is a personality trait of mine to not give up although I wasted 3 hours of my time.

A suggestion of mine to help clarify your pricing on 16X7 and 16X8 328 wheels for the GT4 as the same ones Dom V. recently received---you might consider posting a wheel set price somewhere on the 308 menu. Individual wheel prices were exorbitant as they are factory wheels. Alternative parts should be posted wherever convenient.

TIA.
    ----TONY, yes I was joking.

12. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    Hi 1975gt4don -

No problem, let me know if you have further difficulty although you shouldn't now.

Re the wheels - I appreciate your comments however we have to conform to the Italian site standards and run changes by them. I doubt that we'd be allowed to display prices etc so early on in the site - just a feeling.

Please keep the comments coming though - some things are possible !

By the way, the 328 rims we sell at a sensible price are GENUINE wheels, not knock-offs, as they say !! Not bad prices for the real mcCoy are they !

Have a nice w/e.

13. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have had great luck with Ferrari UK! I have a very slow connection and still got in right away!