Most honest dealers New/Used | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Most honest dealers New/Used

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Prugna 328, Mar 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Perhaps should learn from Sean Harris how to do business??

2. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I guess he is not talking people out of cars but into them :)

3. shelbee

shelbee Guest

What happened?? Did his license get revoked, perhaps performing a wrong side of the surgery??

4. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Let me clear that up though:

I do not believe Steve is talking anybody INTO a car. Sounds too cliche. He is just a very well informed person that can give honest answers and receive the trust of his clients.
    As I said before: Steve is class act!

5. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Makes more money in cars than a medic can:) The daily struggles of medical life :) Life in the USA PA!

6. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    LOL I told you didn't I ????

There is only one way to get rid of it: DEATH !

BTW you can change the strain and the variant but never the actual virus.

Daniel,
    send me a picture of you and your car :)

7. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I can't say enough about how I've been treated at Algar.

When I stopped in some months ago, the owner walked over, introduced himself, asked me what I was looking for. Told him a 246GT. Said he didn't have one, but would keep on the lookout.

I assumed, wrongly, that I'd never hear from him again. A week later he invites me up to the dealership to have first right of refusal on a 246 that he went out and found. He negotiated the price withthe current owner for me, and we reached a fair deal.

Since then, the service guys have been stellar. They don't seem to mind my stopping in every couple of weeks to see how the repairs are going, and are genuinely good people.

Recently Bob asked me if I had interest in the Maserati Spyder. No hard sell, just asking if I was coming off lease on my BMW soon. They have worked hard for me to put me into the car at a very fair price.

These guys from top to bottom are world class and I recommend to anyone for new, used, or service.

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,here in the Chicago area. We are blessed to have 2 Authorized Ferrari Dealers. Lake Forest Sportscars,in Lake Forest,Il.,where I bought my car 3 years ago. The Mancuso Family that owns it,has been in Automobile Sales for 83 YEARS. They have a Rock Solid reputation. I would'nt ever hesitate to buy another car from them. When I bought my car. Mr.Mancuso personally Welcomed me to the World of Ferrari,and chatted with me abit about them.

Also,we have Continental Autosports in Hinsdale,Il. Also,a long time,very reputable Ferrari dealer. I'd buy a car from them,no questions asked. And,would also recommend them to anyone.

I've never heard anything but good about either one of these dealers,who both have Sterling Reputations that they certainly would not wish to tarnish. And,believe that anyone can buy a car from either dealer with total confidence.

9. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I agree with Dave in that Algar is great IMHO. I work down the street and stop in every other Saturday morning on my way to work and shoot the breeze with the owner. It doesn't matter who you are he always wants you to call him by his first name which is cool. Also, he will answer ANY question you have. He is a car nut and so are the people around him, and that is why they are a great group of people to be around. Also, he isn't afraid to drive other makes. For a while he was driving a beetle convert. a turbo though and before that an M3. If it's said to be a good car he is out there driving it. I was shocked to find out he is now driving a Lancer. Also, when my Dad was looking for a 355 he went out and found him one similar to what he did with you Dave. They just want their customers to be pleased in the end. They really try and keep customers for the long haul.
    Erik

10. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    After diverting this thread has turned out to be a valuable read for anyone out there looking....

11. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I had a very good experience with Greg at Ron Tonkin, where I bought the 456.

12. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Huh? That's a new one on me! I'll have to ask you more about this technique on our next drive!

13. Grande

Grande Karting

Dec 6, 2001
    Thanks for all the kind words guys!

And thanks to Martin for upgrading my post-graduate degrees! :)

Engineering is/was my field....my better half takes care of the doctoring ;)

Mike

14. VS1

VS1 Karting

Oct 16, 2002
    Beavercreek, OH
    Full Name:
    Vishal Soin
    We [my father and I] have bought 3 cars on over the phone. Both dealers represented the car exactly as it was. In fact, my dad has a Black SL500 he bought from Motorcars Intl - that has [by description] a scratch on the right rear fender close to the bumper than neither of us has been able to locate!!! They also sent a replacement trunk carpet for that car for a stain that is so far in one corner you have to pull the carpet out of the trunk to find it. Great group of people. My dad was so please with his SL500 from them - he set them lose to find his F355 when he was looking. They had several in their warehouse at the time they could have tried to push on us - but instead took several weeks to find the exact right car. Again exactly as described.

I had a similiar experience with Shelton. I bought my 328 from them sight unseen and it's honestly cleaner and in better shape than was described to me.

Both of these dealers have proven to us they underpromise and overdeliver. I would recommend both Shelton Sports Cars and Motorcars International to anyone.

15. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    If I met you in person and you said that to me...you would wake up in a hospital bed.

F U ******* !!!! AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU

16. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I've dealt with the following and would recommend any of them (based on where you're located):

Ferrari of Atlanta (where my 365 came from)
    Ferrari of Dallas (worked with their Challenge Crew)
    Ferrari of Houston (same guys)
    Ferrari of Washington (Allie is a great guy)

Ferrari ownership is about experiences, and experiences come from relationships. All of these places have been successful from having more good than bad.

17. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I know some of my buddies in the FCA will disagree with me, but the service guys at Ferrari/Maserati in Scottsdale have always treated me very well, especially with respect to warranty/upgrade issues. I just returned from picking up my Mas Spyder which had some work done to minimize vibration in the rear view mirror. Jim Summers (service manager) is a real stand-up guy. He takes care of everything you ask for and is a fountain of information.
    I have bought three new cars from them as well as a used 355 from their predecessor company, Cavallino, and I am happy with the service and the cars.

18. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Tim, the dealer's cost is usually less than our (as a consumer) cost. They have what they called "wholesale" versus "retail"

For example 2002 575M whole sale is $180-185k while we (consumer) buy it for $200k plus. That's how they make money.

For me they can make money off me but to a certain degree!!

19. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.

See but this is how it usually turns out when you have a caller on the phone:

I have a 355 I want to trade in on a 360.
    I want you to take my 355 for retail and buy your 360 at wholesale!

20. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Obviously Martin's got things right. Doesn't anybody understand the basic concept of a bid/ask spread? Watch some level II screens on the Naz for a while, it'll all make sense. Long or short, cars or equities, it's basic market principles.

Martin - I'll take some pics today. I called into the office claiming that I needed a "mental health holiday". In other words, I'm going driving!

21. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Hey Erik,

Good to hear from you again. I hope all is going well in China. Haven't had the opportunity to speak to you in some time. Do you still have the 365? Just wondering.

Regards,

James Dunne
    formerly FoDallas

22. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Hard to find anyone who wants to step down (at least not me at this point of time) unless it is a money issue. Mostly it is stepping up. You will be amazed how many people will replace their 456 to 612 regardless the depreciation of the car. Then I will buy their 456 at wholesale. I am waiting in the next few months...........

23. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003

Just to be clear.... I totally agree with everyone that Sean Harris at Harris imports is a class act. Sean and I have met on two occassions and he couldn't have been nicer. Sean will also spend a lot of time with you and let you test drive virtually anything he has in stock. I would have purchased both of my Ferrari's from Sean if he had what I was looking for!!

When I am in the market for another Ferrari, I will definately call Sean.

24. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Well, I've heard two people diss Ferrari of Scottsdale, and one praised Scottsdale lotus. Are there any people out there that recommend Ferrari of Scottsdale, or any other Arizona car dealer/repair shop? From my experience with arizona in general it seems that there are nothing but clowns out there in the dealership/maintenance world. From motorcycles to high-end automobiles, I have dealt with the biggest bunch of crooks. One cudo is to cycle-dynamics, they rebuilt my zx-10 engine for a reasonable price. I'd have to say S+R Axis sucks, sold me a defective tire, and tried to cover it up by putting 6 counterbalances to even out the shake the front end had at 50 mph. McGarry Jaguar is a joke, told me the engine in my jaguar needed to be replaced. After that I drove it another 40k miles and I was told by the guy that rebuilt the transmission that it was the fastest xjs he's ever driven. Metro Motorsports sucks as well, my motorcycle broke down after being in their shop for three weeks for repairs, and they said they couldn't come and pick me up. I was stranded on the side of the road about 5 miles from their dealership. A police officer relayed me the information, and was disgusted when he told me the information. It's been a few years, just wondering if there are still a bunch of clowns out there.

25. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto

Ya see I was not the only one who took offense to your post..... 355---