Post Oak Rolls-Ferrari? | FerrariChat

Post Oak Rolls-Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Uberpower, Feb 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    I was driving south on 610 from I-10 to 59 when I glanced over to my right (as I always do) to see if there are any F-cars sitting in front of the Rolls/Bentley dealership.

Not one car. Six.

What looked like four 550's and two 575s. Hmmm... maybe used RR's and Bentleys lost their charm after the Ben an JLo purchase?

Nick

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Those are just the "trades ins"!

Folks are just JUMPING out of Fcars to get a new RR.

3. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Those are "trade-ins." They have three 575's and and two 550's, one of which was the first 550 to be imported to the U.S. They have a 360 Spider and they have a 355 Spider. They also have a Vector M12 which is a awesomely-scary car. Go check 'em out some time. There phone # is (713)850-530. Tell 'em Mr.Olivetti and Mr.&Mrs. McCutcheon sent you.

4. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    I drove up in my landcruiser and they were unwilling to help me. I am a very young looking 33. They treated me with disdain and I will never buy a car there. This is why I bought my Ferrari from Lambo Dallas. They are a great group of guys. Highly recommend them. They are also seriously ripping people off. I was looking at buying a Merc e55 2004 and they had one for 115,000K. You can buy them down the road from Park place Mercedes Benz for 87K all day long. Just my 2.

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I used to write estimates for them on damaged RR & Bentleys. I never had a problem with them, they always very professional when dealing with me. I am quite far from ever becoming an owner of one of their vehicles, but like any business, sometimes there is a salesperson thats rough around the edges.

They get customers with the "dreamers desease", nothing like working on commision & having someone waste your time. If you have ever been in car sales, you will understand. As for thier pricing goes, I agree with some dealers overcharging but how are you going to get that price unless you ask for it. I guess the old money custumer's of River Oaks never had an issue with price. If you wanna play, you're going to pay.

Before I moved back to Houston, I was selling Subarus to make ends meet, a very hard product to move in Texas. I was good at my job but I had way too many kids wanting to act like they were going to buy an WRX STI. Most of them just wanted to test drive & maybe abuse the auto, try to buy th car 2000 under invoice, etc... this business can make you very bitter if your not careful. Sorry for the rant.

6. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Will - that is just a part of sales. You never no WHEN someone can or cannot afford the product. ~ Or is just waisting YOUR time. It comes with the territory. Sales has its good and bad points.

I agree with Alan that it is B.S. if they fail to answer intelligent questions
    a potential buyer is asking. Asking for joyrides is a different thing.
    This is sales. A salesman should listen for intelligent questions. (Not) measuring up the potential buyer before their lips start moving.

My father purchased a new Merc (which of course is not an exotic or
    specialty car) in an undershirt. People in exotic sales would be in trouble;
    if all they looked for was potential buyers in $500.00 shirts.

O/T Those used cars are not always trade-ins. They go to auctions
    and bid for the most part on "any" exotic or specialty car that would fit there used car inventory. The mark-ups in used cars are much better. I would hate to just trade-in a Vector. I would be surprised if they would give more
    than 70-80K for a Vector trade-in. It is going to sit for awhile. WOW: lets talk about American Standard, Kohler, Grohe, and Jado. You get the idea.

7. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    How much are they selling that 355 Spider for? That thing has been there for a minimum of 2 years I know for a fact. Either they're offering too much or something is seriously wrong.

AlanHenson, I hate those kind of people. I'm 22 and my friend and I usually go to FoH and Mario Motors to just browse(since we obviously cant afford) and have been treated fairly nicely at FoH and they've been extremely graticious at Marios.

8. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

Where is Mario's?

9. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Mario's is a body shop on Richmond Ave. They also store exotics for customers.

10. vectorfiles

vectorfiles Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
  11. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH

From what I was told, car was owned by Jerry J, Moore. I do know he did owned one in Houston. I see on the Vector site that Andre Agassi owned that car. Check the VIN# to find out the truth. I looked at it 2 years ago when it was on the showroom.

12. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    They just got a new 355 Spider in, a black one with a tabacco interior. The red one that has been there forever wont sell because of its interior condition and its at 10,000 miles and hasnt had any servicing. The intrior has paint scrapes and chips everywhere and they messed it up worse by using brake caliper paint to paint it. It now looks like someone tried to spary paint it, since they basically did. There asking $119,500 on both. They both have F-1 trannys, there both '99's,there both below 10k mileage, one is clean, the other is all painted up.

I dont know why they wont sell. But I recently sold my 360 to them and they sold it two weeks later to a guy in La. But thats a 360 so...go figure.

13. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    http://www.mariosmotors.com/

It's on Richmond, next to a Denny's if I remember correctly. Just went in there a few days ago and they had a yellow Gallardo. The car is very nice, I seem to like it more and more. They are far friendlier at Mario's than FoH.

My friend and I went in for our occasional look-see and for the first time a salesman came up to us told us not to take pictures of any licence plates(which we never do anyways) and just kinda bothered us more than anything. We wanted to just look around at our own pace, but we felt pressured and rushed so we only stayed for 15 minutes. So I'm not sure how often we'll pay a visit now. They still had the F40 in the back, as well as a white 355.

Oh and as far as the M12 goes, that thing is a P.O.S. It appeared to have several emblems missing off the car, and a huge crack in the window.

14. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    F40, the one in the garage?

Oh man, the M12 does have emblems and a crack in the window. I e-mail VAE(Vector Aeromotive Engineering)which said they still have parts left over, and even a windshield. The windshield was $5,000 and the emblems are any where from $10-150.

Did you see its exhaust tips?

15. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    $5000 for a windshield ? What a deal. I think Luigi paid $6,000 for
    his 99 Diablo VT windshield ?

The Vector at the RR Dealer has some issues. I heard they all have real maintainance issues. It looks good at night from far away. For a 150K asking price, you can get so much more car elsewhere. Of course you are not going to run into one at your local car club gathering.

Ralph
    Quessaria, Israel

16. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Stopped by today to have a look at the Titanium/Bordeux 550.

15k miles, $115k... does that sound right? Seems like it is more than reasonable. Didn't talk to anyone about it though... tempting...

anyone know the car?

17. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    I do.

It was a special delivery to the ex-owner. He ordered it direct from Ferrari and it was the very first U.S. 550.

Personally, I like it. I test drove it a while back and the only thing that bothered me was the guy in the passenger seat. I guess it was because I was driving the car like it was a 485HP speed macine...in Galleria traffic.

Its an awesome car, and at $115,000, you cant beat it.

18. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

What do you need to do to test drive at Post Oak? Do they look for a deposit prior to the drive? Some places do...

19. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Nick, I'll let you drive mine. No problem.

20. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I have to go with Alan on this one. I went there with one of my friends. Our dads both own Ferraris and the guy tried to correct us on everything we said, even though he was wrong. He was a flipping ******. He should be shot and stuck in a barrel while his penis is being slowly nibbled off by a rabbit.

21. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Combo of Titanium & Bordeux is what I like for 550, too. I have seen 97 & 98 550 for sale in $110's. They probably need 30K service, which costs about $8,000. You need to put that in consideration.

Yoshi

22. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yea, the F40 was in the garage with the 'hood' up. It was exactly in the same spot I believe as it was probably 2 months previously.

I saw the exhaust, but if i remember correctly it didn't look too great. The car just looked in a bad condition to me.

23. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    They have a black 360 that is awesome.

The service is ok beacuse one of my best friends' dad knows everyone that works there. He owns a couple of Bentleys and Ferraris that he bought from Post Oak.