612 scaglietti waiting list? | FerrariChat

612 scaglietti waiting list?

Discussion in '612/599' started by ross, Mar 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    given the controversy over the styling, does anybody know whether the current production is sold out and there is a waiting list? that would in some way tell more of the story - good or bad?

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Not sure... The really good customers are probably getting the first batch. But only way to tell is to call a dealership and ask. [puts finger on nose - "not it"]

3. GTB4NART

GTB4NART Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2004
    I don't know about stock colors but I called Ferrari of SF and they're taking orders. I bet you could get a red one right away. Probably standard 6-12 month wait.

I'll keep my 456 for at least another 2 years, then maybe try and find a green 612.

4. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    At LFSC ,I was told '05 was sold out,I'm supposed to get one of the early '06.

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    According to dealers there is a 10 year waiting list and 100,000 over sticker! LOL

6. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    i guess it will do better than the gallardo did!

7. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Don't think so ...890 Gallardos produced in 03 alone. Ferrari will be lucky if the entire production is 1000 units!!!!!!!!!

8. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    The 612 is sold out. Basically the Italian Navy ordered a bunch of them to serve as aircraft carriers. Apparantly that long clown-shoe hood is capable of doing four simutaneous fighter launches without even using steam catapults...Who'd a thunk it?

Forza Italian Navy!

LOL

9. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    i was not referring to the production number, the waiting list.

10. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    If I wanted a 612, and the waiting list is 1 year, then, I would wait that year.........and then buy a used one, with 2-3K miles, and save $50K!!!!!!!!!

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    FoD said already a 2-3 year list.

12. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    Now Ive heard everything... Gallardo owners critisizing other cars for being ugly! LOL....

13. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    When I was at Shelton in Fort Laud, an older man walked in and asked about his 612?

He told me that he had a standing order for the 456 replacement that he placed two years ago and he didn't care what it looked like.

"Got to get on the line before they release the car or its too late."

Nice guy :)

14. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    well said,Gallardo owners cant call any car ugly!

15. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Especially the Celica!

DL

16. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

Cool MR2 ...... I like the MR2 and the Celica :)

17. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    Well, they are both silver-ish... thats about it...

Oh, and they're both Italian... wait, one isn't! LOL...

NO COMPARISON

PS. who copied who? which came first the Celica or the Gallardo? The MR2 or the F355? I really cant remember the second one....

18. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    If Guppy99 owns a Gallardo then I'm the next King of England.

19. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    You should hear what Gallardo owners think of the 360's. Especially banana colored ones.

Remember, Lamborghini purposely made the back of the Gallardo unpleasant to some, knowing that it will be the only view any Ferrari owner will ever see.

20. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Wow, there are some seriously blind dip$hits on this board...If you think for one second, one secondddddddd, that the Gallardo doesn't drop the jaw of everyone who sees it, you're a total moron. You're one of those fools that thinks the 612 looks better than the DB9 or Bentley GT. You're a clown that thinks the Zonda S is "ugly".

Either that or you're a biased Michael Schumacher underoo-wearing Ferrari bit$h-boy. Which is sad, because unless your last name is "Ferrari" then you're not being paid to support the brand or drive the car. Which means that you should be agnostic, and loyal to no one particular manufacturer. To be anything otherwise implies a lot of things, prinicpal amoung them a low intellect.

So which is it? Are you a Ferrari bit$ch-boy or are you just a blind moron?

Here's a little test:

Line up a 355, a 360, a 612, and a Gallardo. Guess which one gets the most looks, the most positive feedback, the most "I have to own this car NOW" comments?

Hands down the Gallardo. It's not even close. You're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

The Gallardo is a great looking exoitc, as Mark has pointed out several times, it has more of the TR in it than Ferrari-istas would care to admit. Parked next to a Gallardo, a 360 looks like pedestrian. It looks old. Ferrari is well aware of this, hence the "baby enzo" rumors we're hearing about the next Modena.

Until you've driven in a Gallardo and evaluated its strong performance, and seen the overwhelming reaction from the vast majority of sportscar fans that it's gorgeous, then shut yer trap. And go back to your F-car underoos. You know you like how they have the feet built in, makes you feel all warm. Go ahead, I won't tell. :)

21. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Mako99 is not a Gallardo owner quite yet but he probably will be? Right MAKO?

22. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    I'm torn a bit. I'm nut sure if I should hold out for a Spyder. The photoshoped fake Gallardo Spyder images people have thrown online look damn good, it's really tempting. My concern is that I plunk down $180k for a standard Gallardo this year and then want to get out of it less than two years later. I project a selling price around $135k tops for a standard Gallardo at that time, with say 8k in miles on it.

I don't care how much I love sportscars, I'm not throwing $50k down the tubes. So I've got to decide what I want to do. A friend of mine is paying a visit to the L-factory this summer, I'm hopeful they can glean some info as to what the G-Spyder's timeline for intro is.

23. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    #23 G-force, Mar 26, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Guess this Gallardo is REALLY twisting me?
    I'm liking the rear view now myself!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Wayne.

You've definitely chosen the best colour for the Gallardo. Looks fantastic!!! The looks of the Gallardo are growing on me all the time, i'll be interested in picking one up for £60k in a few years with say 20k miles on the clock :) Great cars

25. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    The rear is fine. Only F-chatters have has an issue with it, for obvious reasons. Here's some more of Wayne's sweet-as-honey Gallardo: