This is the real reason we guys like our cars :) | FerrariChat

This is the real reason we guys like our cars :)

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Johnny Bravo, Mar 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
  2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Not this chap ;), very separate things. I've never ever thought of a car having anything to do with girls.

Also I can 100% tell you that when I was drifting through race track corners at 120+ mph the last thing on my mind was girls ... maybe I'm gay or something :D

Infact my wife is not even a car fan, they are just transport to her, although she does quite like the American 50's cars.

When it comes down to it, I bet those girls slipping and sliding over all those cars, could not give a stuff about the cars either ... just a photo prop.

Pete

3. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I agree with Pete completely. I think exactly the opposite. I think it's a very masculine thing. Like hunting.

4. udalmia

udalmia Guest

I think its a testosterone thing

5. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Johnny, you are correct sir..YES!!!

6. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I would never even give the time of day to some girl that was only wanting me because of money. Things are more important than jsut a good looking girl. They also need a good personality, brain power, and actually like me for who I am.... i.e. Miai. (Also a passion for Ferrari wouldnt hurt)

7. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
  8. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    OK, so now you guys know where i got the pics for the Bikini thread ;)

9. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California
    I'd say my passion for cars lies more in the tight winding blacktop, and the long open straights.

10. cohiba_man

cohiba_man Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    So much beauty...the women are nice too

11. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    Chicks don't come into the equation for me when it comes to cars. It's a guy thing. The only girls that have been in the 512TR are my gf, my sister-in-law, and a little girl, whom I offered a ride for a charity event.

12. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    I really don't care anymore, they come like flies to a sleek looking sports car. If they want to look at the car, fine. If they want to talk to me, fine. One scent of a gold digger and conversation is over.

I just want a full tank of gas, an open road(Highway 1 preferably) and just go for it!

13. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    I have owned 2 Ferraris so far and I acquired them both AFTER I got married. When I was dating I owned a GTV6. Some people refered to that car as a "babe repellent". It was a musculine car, nothing soft about its lines or the way it drove. I have had 3 of them in my 18 yrs. behind the wheel.

Just to put the women and cars connection in perspective: It comes down to this. There are three worlds: work, family, and hobbies. You are happy in at least two out of three, you can make it.
    :)

thx
    luke

14. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Those of you who think that girls care about what car you drive are sadly mistaken, at least from what I've seen. Girls don't even look at a Ferrari. Very few times have I ever noticed a woman checking out the car at a stop light. Many men don't look too hard either, but I think that it's because they're insecure and don't want anyone to think that they want something that they don't have. In fact, if you follow your line of logic that you buy cars for girls, it would be more correct to say that you buy cars for teenage boys. Every boy from 12-18 presses ogles and ogles at Ferraris.

My wife is not a car fan but she tolerates the Ferrari. She's getting better but to her it's just an expensive car and why do I need such an expensive car when my truck will take me places. Or a nice Subaru.

15. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
  16. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I'd say that if you have all three, life is great. Any one missing, or doing poorly from that group and you'd feel something is missing, or not right with your life... You gotta be happy at work (or else it'll drag you down everyday). You have to have a happy home life. And you have to have hobbies (keeps the mind active and engaging. Great stress-reliever).

17. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California

I see truth behind this. For the most part, women don't seem to be attracted to the car itself, but rather that it is a symbol of success for the man driving it. Women "love" successful men. Suprisingly, this doesn't seem to be entirely derived from our materialistic society, but also primal(so to speak) instincts of a woman to seek stability in a man(same way a man sees a curvy woman, and is attracted. On a very instinctual(searching for the right word here) level, this is because her curves show that she is capable of birthing many children).

Hope you can follow.

-DC