Who was it on this board into older Infiniti Q45's? | FerrariChat

Who was it on this board into older Infiniti Q45's?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by cohiba_man, Mar 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cohiba_man

cohiba_man Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    There was someone on here a while back espousing the virtues of the 1994-1996ish Infiniti Q45s, and they were in my fathers ideal price range for a trip car so I passed the reccomendation along to him...turns out he finally found one he likes and has a deposit on it, anything he should know about them positive or negative? He's considering not going through because of the gas mileage, but any information on them from those who've owned them?

2. cohiba_man

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm really just looking for that one guy, please post here if yuor the person who was always talking about how great they are.

3. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    They really are great cars! 280 hp, rear-wheel drive and lots of leg room. By now, they have depreciated down to a point where you aren't going to lose much money if you or your dad rack up a lot of miles. Look for a touring model...stiffer sway bars, BBS wheels and deck spoiler. AVOID models with active suspensions. Super expensive to recharge/repair, relative to the cost of the car itself. Many owners convert to a standard suspension when facing repair costs. A few of the early '94s didn't get the updated chain-guides. The first generation Qs had/have plastic timing chain guides that deteriorate and break-up, causing the engine to hand grenade without warning. Should have had a factory recall. I have 205,000 miles on mine, with the updated guides. 6-bolt mains can support supercharging. A terrific website for Infiniti owners is: www.nissaninfiniticlub.net (or NICO for short). They are great cars for enthusiasts! Good luck!

KevFla

4. cohiba_man

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks, I won't have any contact with this car, but he's very cheap when it comes to trip cars- (plush and disposable he likes to say hahah) so the depreciation is a good thing. But sadly he's not a car enthusiast (doens't like the fact that this one has almost 300HP, prefers something like half that) so I don't thing suspension or power has any bearing on his decision. Thanks for the advice though, I'll pass it along. On a side note, he is the funniest person when it comes to car buying, I go out on a weekend and buy a $50,000 car the day I test drive it if I like it, he has the means to do the same, but has spent over 6 months test driving, meticulosly inspecting and searching for the car thats just right- and he's only spending 7K!