WHO HAS/WANTS TO DRIVE TAIL OF THE DRAGON | FerrariChat

WHO HAS/WANTS TO DRIVE TAIL OF THE DRAGON

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

I am interested in driving this ledgend in April. Visit the website and let me know if anyone is interested. I have a 348 Challenge I will be driving, and I plan to stay for 2-3 days in the area. Any interest?

2. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I'll ride with you.

3. abarre

abarre Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    JDavid, post this in the South Central Regional forum and I'll bet you get some takers.

4. CarreraScott

CarreraScott Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Charlottesville, VA
    I think some Porsche Turbo guys are going to drive it around April 15-16. Check at www.6speedonline.com.

5. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Just be careful and keep a close watch for the law. The local town funds itself off nailing out of town speeders out for kicks on that road....

I could be up for something in mid to late April. Im 1.5 hours south near Atlanta... makes a great day trip.

Terry

6. Steve Marschman

Steve Marschman Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Idaho Falls
    Full Name:
    Steve Marschman
    unless you want to go really slow. The sport bikes are generally ridden by idiots who think you can stop or leave the road when they decide to come at you head-on in your lane. Old Harley riders can't get their fat tubs around the corners without dragging their foot boards so they ride at 25 mph and refuse to pull over. Cops do use radar and vigorously enforce the 35 mph limit in many places... they also enforce illegal passing in double yellow which nearly the whole route is. The occasional tractor-trailer rig will need to use both lanes to get around some of the corners. Also, on the way down (Carolina to Tennessee) there is a corner (around milepost 6 if I remember correctly) that if you are carrying too much speed, the front end will unload and you'll find yourself headed into the rocks (and there are picture archives of a Viper that did exactly that). Also, cars with low front ends (like my TR) do scrape in many places.

If you can do it during the week, then maybe you can have some fun. Otherwise, consider it a nice drive and don't have any expectations for pushing your car.

Regards-
    Steve

7. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    Are you staying in Knoxville? What days? I'm in Knoxville, and have driven Deal's Gap (the Dargon) many times and love it. The previous info about avoiding the weekend is mostly true. I have found early Sunday morning aren't busy- everyone must be trying to recover from hangovers. Instant message me- I'd be interested in going.