New Project. | FerrariChat

New Project.

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Nov 19, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,I just dropped off my Targa top at Riggs Bros.Auto Interiors in Villa Park. The "weaved" Fabric headliner was totally sagging. It was fine one day,then,the next,I get in and it's all hanging down. I was going to just try to Glue it. But,thought that with the "Weave" fabric,would be a little too difficult. Further examination revealed the culprit. There's a "foam Backing" that was totally dry rotted. Glue won't stick to it. Also,it's pulling away from it's edging. And,worn in several spots. Really looks bad in the bright Sun. So,I am either going to replace it with a very simialr weaved fabric,if it's available.(He seems to think so). But,was also considering a Leather,or,better yet,"Leatherique"type upholstery to match the doors and seats. So,we'll wait and see. If it was a "Regular" car,I wouldn't give a Rats patootie,and just glue the crap out of it or something. But,since it's a Ferrari,decided to leave it to Professionals. Really nice guys over there. They really know what they are doing. They also do Custom work. Andreas. I told him about your GTO project,and he said that they could easily do replica Seat covers.(Black with Red inserts,or,visa versa) So,I told him that I have alot of other Ferrari Buddies who may need their services someday,so... I'll let you know how it comes out. Also,tried to talk him in to manufacturing "Solid Color" fiberglas "Reproduction" Targa tops for the 308/328. And,maybe some Smoked Acrylic Tops,too,like whats on my "vette. But,he didn't go for it. I see a great business opportunity here...

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Interesting. Could you ask them, whether they do carpet and leather dying inside the vehicle without taking things apart?

If possible I'd like to dye the tan carpets and leather black without removing them.

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    They probably do.I'll ask them. I was just thinking,too. Fox Valley Motorcars has a Yellow 328 Alloy Rebodied car, As I said,it's Yellow,but,has Black seats with Red inserts. They kind of look like 288GTO seats. But,that color combo is Horrid! And,EVERYONE else thats seen the car says so too. They need to just put Plain Black seats in that car. It's been there for like, a year. Nice car,but,probably isn't selling because of that. Maybe,if you can get them some nice all Black 328 seats,they might trade you for the Black seats with Red inserts. That way,you'll be happy,their car will be happy,and it might sell then! I'll ask Riggs Bros. If they do that when they call back later today. BTW,did you get my E-mail R.E.Trophy?

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks man, yes got your email and already responded.

Anyway, you're right about the yellow 328 at FVM. Wouldn't mind if you want to talk to them. A deal like that would be fine with me. I like the red stripes, but most people don't, true.

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks man, yes got your email and already responded.

Anyway, you're right about the yellow 328 at FMV. Wouldn't mind if you want to talk to them. A deal like that would be fine with me. I like the red stripes, but most people don't, true.

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I LOVE the Red stripes,But...if the car was Red,or Black,or Silver or Grey. NOT Yellow! Sorry,I really don't have any connections,personally at F.V.M. They know me by sight,only because often times,when I am out driving my 308,I stop by there,(Continental,too) to see whats new and exciting. I love both places. It's always a treat to stop by and see what they have.

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Are you SURE that you only want it to be around 4" tall? If its for space reasons,I can see. But,otherwise,Really,Andreas,I can make it any size that you want. It is NOT a problem! HONEST! They have SO MUCH STOCK over there,it's actually scary! They are TRYING to get rid of it. It would be doing them a favor to take more. And,trophy stock is VERY inexpensive. Believe me! Someday,you HAVE to come over and I'll take you over there. You have to weave your way through the piles and piles of trophy stock. You can't barely move around in that place! It's nuts! My Father-in-Law has a Trophy thats about 5 FEET tall in there! (you want that one? :) just kidding!

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    4 inches, for space reasons, thanks

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    You got it,buddy!

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Andreas,I got it! :) I think that you'll really like it. It turned out great! My Brother-in-law engraved the plate that goes on the base,right away,so it's done and ready. So,IF I go to "the Rock" on Thursday,(only thing stopping me is rain or snow) I'll bring it. Otherwise,at the Charlie Fox party,or... By the way,do you have access to a mini van to carry it home?

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Just Kidding! It's the size you wanted.