Evo vs. 360 Modena | FerrariChat

Evo vs. 360 Modena

Discussion in '360/430' started by EVO8, Mar 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    I know who's car that is. ;)

2. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    evo vs 360 there is no comparison, thanks for the picture though

3. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Yeah, and I bought my Ferrari from him. He's a fellow f-chatter. Tim, want to confirm this?

4. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Yep he's a F-Chatter.

Hey Ryan we haven't met yet let's get together sometime.

5. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Okay. BTW, if you're talking about hte Ferrari that also belongs to an Fchatter. And I've driven that car. It's a total beast. The sound is awesome and the experience is very (in Dave Helms' words) barbaric. It's the only 360 I've driven that I really like. After I drove that, I decided that I could see myself in a 360 like that.

Don, where do you live in Denver? Congress Park?

6. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

PM me later.

7. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    Here we go again with the WRX.
    Please, my M coupe beat the WRX STI coming from FL. last week. My 355 beats the M coupe under any conditions.

8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Lets see, if A > B, and B > C, then what is A to C?

Bah! I always hated the SAT. :)

9. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    All the Sti or EVO beating F360 and etc, those Sti and EVO are modded if you ask me, it's turbo cars, you raise boost a bit, you get dozens of HP, no biggie. I don't think a stock Sti or EVO can take on F360 in 1/4m, might get a hole shot due to 4WD, but will get pulled.

10. EVO8

EVO8 Karting

Mar 6, 2004
    Cerritos, LA
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Actually, in this article, it's the opposite. The 360 is slightly modded and the Evo is totally stock.

-Philip

11. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That's fine, I am sure on a certain day, a certain Sti or EVO with a certain driver might take a certain Modena with another certain driver. I just don't believe it's true in general, for example while drivers being euqal, and run 100 times in 1/4m, you think EVO can win all day along? I have to see it to believe.

I had my days of modifying cars and drag racing too, I have a decent idea of what fast almost every car is in stock form and how fast it can be made with certain mods. I personally love the Sti and EVO, always wanted those to be brought here in US(actually Skyline is what I wanted most), I would most certainly get either one for daily driver if I was spending $30k on, that being said, in stock form those are low 13's cars in general, with the right driver and the right abuse, you might see 12's, but you aren't gonna do that day in and day out on the street. So, in general I just think Modena is a faster car.
    Btw, I ran few of those in my E46 M3, pretty much equal upto middle of 3rd, then I will pull, especially when I go in 4th, I pull with authority, they are a bit weak at 100+.

12. whimike

whimike Karting

Jul 26, 2003
    Los Gatos, CA
    The 360 driver didn't get on the throttle until he heard the EVO on full boost, with reactions times of what they are and time to full boost this essentially gave the EVO a 1/2 - 1 second lead. The BIGGEST problem with this comparison is the 5000 ft elevation of the test. You can't test a NA car against a Turbo'ed car at these elevations, you just took 100hp out of the Ferrari engine!! This is like doing a test at sea level and pulling the spark plugs out of 2 cyclinders of the Ferrari engine and saying its a fair comparison.

-- Michael

13. EVO8

EVO8 Karting

Mar 6, 2004
    Cerritos, LA
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Yes, I agree the Evo is weak 100+. Any good european car(porsche, m3, modena) will pull 100+ on the Evo stock. I tried it on a freeway against a m3 and the m3 pulled away top end.

-Philip

14. Alpinestars

Alpinestars Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Hi everyone, this is my first post.

I now have a 360F1. I've owned an Evo 6 in the past. I'd like to say that a standard Evo would have NO CHANCE in a straight line, especially a rolling start. For example, the EVO does 30-100mph in around 11 -11.5 secs, the 360 does it in around 7 secs, leaving the EVO a good 25m behind!

Where the EVO is "better" is that the average driver (read me) can drive the EVO pretty hard in all weathers and most roads, whereas the same cannot be said of a 360 - much more skill and confidence required. Also my natural reaction would be to take less risks in the 360 than in an EVO. These are the reasons why some drivers in an EVO can and would be quicker than a 360 driver.

By way of comparison, I also have a 550bhp Skyline and there is very little difference between this and the 360 once on the move (the Skyline does 0-100 in around 8 secs versus the Evo's time of around 12.5 to 13 secs).

15. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I am just waiting for a ricer STI or EVO to get next to my 996 twin turbo, but I don't think I will race against them, because I can care less.

16. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Watch out, they can/will give you a run for your money...

17. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yeah and I am just waiting for a ricer 996TT to get next to my 650rwhp Supra, and I think I actually will hand them a can of whoop a$$ just for the heck of it.

18. Rennphile

Rennphile Rookie

Nov 24, 2003
    Colorado
    sherpa23,

I didn't post on the Evo board. And I can't confirm that the alleged incident didn't actually take place on a closed test track. But I can confirm that I sold you my Ferrari - I hope it's treating you well!

There's no real controversy here. The 360 clearly has the edge even at the high altitude we live at. It was just interesting to note that the cars were fairly close. The Evo is a lot of car for the money.

Interesting to note also that the Caterham has the edge on both cars...

19. Quick

Quick Rookie

Mar 30, 2004
    i see it like this, the driver makes the car!

ive raced my 03 smg m3 against my 360 with my wife driving the 360 and i won in the m3, then we switched and i won in the 360...

20. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Tim, you are the man. We need to go for a drive in Caterham sometime. BTW, the dealership has picked up TonyKart so whenever you would like to take a spin in my 125cc shifter kart, let me know. It's kind of half motorcycle, half car and it's awesome on some of the little tracks that we have around here. Take care

BTW, the car is awesome. Absolutely awesome.