When is Alfa coming back to the States | FerrariChat

When is Alfa coming back to the States

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by ATBNM3, Mar 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    #1 ATBNM3, Mar 26, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    When they've fixed it !! Ha ha !! :) (Speaking from personal experience!)

3. ForzaMe

ForzaMe Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    Hate to break it to you but Alfa has held off coming back to the US indefinetly. Originally they wanted to come back in 2006, then pushed the date back to 2009, and with all of Fiat/Alfa's problems decided to concentrate on the European market and improving their product line and to forget about America for the time being.

It sucks, I was hoping to get the 156 GTA... Now that is a sports sedan, take that over any German sedan any day.

4. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    A friend of mine here in Plano imported a 166 not long ago. He did have to deal with a ton of paperwork.

5. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    they were supposed to officialy come back in 2007 but thats been put on hold untill fiat"s economic situation gets better. if they do come back they will have one heck of a line up including the 8c Competizione powered by the Maserati 4.2 V8 but supercharged

6. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    I wouldnt expect Alfa Romeo to return until 2010 :(

Personally I cannot wait even a year, that GT is gorgeous, and that 8C concept (begining a small run of cars shortly) is a stunner.

7. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    That's disappointing. Gray market would probably cost too much. Guess I have to stick with my BMW M3’s.

8. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    We've go plenty of junk here already. Instead of the alpha go to ebay and look for a Yugo. They are pretty close in quality and looks....

9. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Are you kidding? Have you looked at there new line? They are beautiful and have plenty of power. I reference the pictures I posted above.

10. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I read that the new Chevrolet SSR uses many Alfa parts including the dash out of the coupe.

11. kdross

kdross Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I gave up waiting for Alfa to re-enter the US market a long time ago. In 2000 I purchased a 1990 Spider with 12K miles. It was the best $8K I ever spent. I have used the car as my daily driver for the past 4 years and it has only let me down once when the clutch pivot pin broke. The pin broke as I was pulling into my office, so I just called AAA and drove the company car home. No big deal.

My Spider now has 37K miles and looks and runs great.

Ken

12. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Rumor is that the Kappa Chassis used for the new Solstice rwd will be what is used for the new Alfa Spiders return.

Hydroformed steel frame and hydroformed steel body panels offer profitable annual production runs as low as 10,000 units ...

Could offer alfa which is traditional a low volume producer a nice foundation to once again build rear wheel drive sports car and sports sedan.