Maserati ENZO??? | FerrariChat

Maserati ENZO???

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by csmn, Mar 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. csmn

csmn Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Claes Magnuson
    Maserati ENZO???

2. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    Wicked. They may make a few road cars. I would like to see that.

3. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Welcome to last month! :)

Check the "Other Italians" section for MCC and MC12 discussions. More pictures there too.

4. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
  5. vanimal

vanimal Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Vaughan
    Geneva motor show last week - its the nuts!!!!!!!!!!

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    it's slower than an Enzo and more expensive. [shrug]

but better looking...

7. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    And its got the removeable top!
    That piture of the reaerview mirror up above is really cool.

8. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Too cool for school!!

9. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...!

10. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    i think FOW is realy gona want one of these

11. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Wrong!, read the other threads.

Pete

12. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
  13. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    P.S. But, yes, quicker in lap times. But how does that help me in a road car in which I, theoretically, can't go over 65? If I want a track car and am spending $600,000, I'll buy a 333sp

14. JEBES

JEBES Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    Växjö, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jonas
    Is will be built in only 25 ex... The only reason to build the car is to competive in fia gt. The rules there says the car must be built for the road in minimum 25 ex. Sorry for my bad english but i hope you will understand.

15. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Okay lets explain this simply. The MC12 is over 11 seconds faster than the Enzo around Fiorona (sp?) thus FASTER. I could not give a flying fnck about top speed and other magazine quote BS.

The MC12 is a race car the Enzo is NOTHING but a road car. A fully developed race car will ALWAYS destroy a road car ... no contest!

Real performance is on a race track, everything else is just wanking!

Why would Ferrari build a race version of the Enzo (which the MC12 is) and make it SLOWER ... DER!, think about that!, Ferrari are not that stupid.

Pete
    ps: Sorry for the condensending tone, but get real and think about what the MC12 has been built for ... Enzo is a piece of **** for rich people to have ego trips on. The MC12 on the other hand has been built to win on the race track and thus uphold the Maserati/Ferrari name.

I know which car rules in my book.

EDIT: And replying to your road car comment about you not going over 65 mph ... why do you want a fncken ENZO then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Can you see why I consider the Enzo totally pointless.

The MC12 road cars, as already mentioned, have been built ONLY to homologate the car for the race series, nothing more nothing less.

As for buying a 333sp, er, I do not think that car is anymore eligible for a REAL race series ... thus you can go and play on track days in it, but you cannot defend Ferraris honour in it anymore.

Once the MC12 wins Le Mans (or whatever) the bottom will fall out of the Enzo market as the rich fools scrabble to own the same car with racing heritage. I read a story once about a major Ferrari collector who had a perfectly restored 50 something Testa Rossa, which he swapped for a completely stuffed one which was the identical model. The difference is that the stuffed one has WON Le Mans and thus way more collectible and important in the scheme of things. Once restored (which costs heaps) he had the ideal car, just as fast and as fun to drive and ALSO it had a fantastic racing history.

Think also about what makes the 250GTO so important to collectors, it is not just that it is beautiful, it has a lot to do with the how it won on the race track for Ferrari.

IMO the MC12 is what the Enzo should have been, but for some reason Ferrari are too scared or confused to race anymore. Instead they sit down and think .... how can I rip a few really rich fools off and make some money, yes that is right, lets build a totally pointless car that goes way too fast, cannot even get up some driveways, only carries 2 people ... and is not even the fastest supercar. Amazingly people trip over themselves to buy these things, some drive them many just look at them and wonder what to do with it.

The one that was bought by the Aussie (red and with a yellow roof) will just sit like a trophey in the guys little museum, as it is actually illegal to drive in Australia. Like I said too much money and not enough brains ... but then again he will probably sell it in 5 years time for a profit ;)

16. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    People buying the road version of the MC12 aren't going to be "defending Ferraris honour in it" either. I'm not arguing that the Maser isn't amazing and that the Enzo is "better." Obviously, the reason it's slower to 60 is because they've changed the gearing to make it much quicker in a different range. This car is amazing and better than the Enzo. My whole point was that as a street car, it's not going to be miles ahead in how you can actually drive on U.S. roads.

The MCC is going to be amazing, and I hope Ferrari wins Le Mans.

And how many of the 25 road cars are actually going to be driven anyway? They'll be in museums a week after delivery.

PSk, we actually agree with each other, so relax.

17. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I guess this comes down to the stupid rules that these race series create to try and slow the cars.

I personally would never waste my money on any of these cars.

Pete
    ps: And again I agree with you regarding:

Neither the Enzo of the MCC (MC12 or whatever it is called) will be any noticably better than a F360cs on the road ... just cost a stack more.

Pete

18. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    saving for a 250LM? :)

19. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Unfortunately I'm not in that sort of money circles ... probably the most exotic car I could ever purchase would be an ex-works Alfa Romeo GTA :)

Pete
    ps: ZJPJ, I appologise for my rant. I really should be ranting at Ferraris directors not you ;) ... it just pisses me off that the company keeps building these stupid supercars for the road!

20. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Well the 'stupid' supercars are what set the benchmark for all other 'lesser' cars that follow... until the next supercar is released.

The technology of the Formula One cars filters down to the supercars, and the supercars to the rest.

21. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #21 Jason W, Mar 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017