Mille Miglia of Japan | FerrariChat

Mille Miglia of Japan

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Zinhead, Mar 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zinhead

Zinhead Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Chicago, USA
  2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Lovely cars.

I must say that I gringe a little bit when I think of Asians driving these wonderful old cars.

Now before you shoot me for such a rasist comment, here me out. I live in Australia and before that New Zealand, and by far the most dangerous drivers on the roads appear to be of Asian origin. It could simply be that both of these countries have a huge amount of Asian students and thus they are young, and we all had trouble when we were learning to drive didn't we.

I'm sure all these owners are great drivers as to own such cars they probably have an interest in engineering and thus appreciate and understand them ... probably miles better than I ever could.

Some real rarities amongst that group too! ... thanks for the link.

Pete
    ps: Putting flame suit on ...

3. yasmin

yasmin Formula Junior

Not only was it a racist comment, but it was also a stupid one .
    We are talking about Japanese enthusiasts here. Japan, who's love affair with the motor vehicle has brought us companies such as Honda, Toyota, Suzuki etc etc. and some of the best car museums and best motorsport structures in the world.
    I have lived many years in Japan, and there driving skills are 'generally' as good as, or better than Australians.

You are mistaking Japanese with Chinese....

And lets not forget, there have been more formula 1 drivers from Japan than from Australian over the past 10 years !

Oh incidently, I am Australian !!!

4. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Okay sorry, got my nationalities mixed up. Thus the Chinese are the useless drivers :D ;)

Thanks for the correction ;)

Pete
    ps:
    But no successful ones ;) ...