Mondial 3.2 Ignition Switch Problems | FerrariChat

Mondial 3.2 Ignition Switch Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by DeAvilla, Mar 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DeAvilla

DeAvilla Rookie

Jan 4, 2004
    Whidbey Island
    Full Name:
    Kent R. DeAvilla
    Well, My lock out cylinder seems to have failed and I play hell trying to pull the key out. I turn to start and the car doesn't turn over. I hooked up a push button bypass to start for the meantime. I'm having a hard time finding an original ignition switch for my car. Will any other Ferrari ignition switches work in my 87' Mondial Cabriolet? Does anyone have a good used one they could sell me?

2. Philjay50

Philjay50 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I do not know about your model but when I needed some spare keys for my 84 Mondial, the keys were the same as Lancia, I read into that, that the barrels etc would also be Lancia. It might be worth a look.

3. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms

I have a good used one that I had on the shelf for years and just had it re-keyed and serviced at my local lock shop. The "Gentleman" I had it re-worked for became very upset with me when I told him that I required proof of ownership before I would replace a screw driver jimmyed lock on "his" car. Called me a few names and hung up the phone on me. I am just putting the engine back into a 3.2 Mondial. I will see if it matches the lock assy in that car. Before you give up on yours, throw a towel on the carpet, soak the tumbler with 10w machine oil and jiggle the key every direction for 3-4 mins. Most of the time this will loosen up the hung up tumbler if it has not been damaged.
    Call me after you try this, if you still need the lock.
    Dave Helms
    Scuderia Rampante
    Boulder Colorado
    303-938-9000

4. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
  5. DeAvilla

DeAvilla Rookie

Jan 4, 2004
    Whidbey Island
    Full Name:
    Kent R. DeAvilla
    Is there a simple way to remove this switch, has anyone done this? This car seems that it would be incredibly hard to steal!