Houston/Pasadena area: can somebody check out a property? | FerrariChat

Houston/Pasadena area: can somebody check out a property?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Cavallino Motors, Mar 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I am looking into buying a property in Pasadena TX. Can someone please make a drive by and give me an impression about the neighborhood?

Martin
    [email protected]

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

Martin, I wouldn't be able to do it until next week at the earliest, and even then it look sketchy.

Funny, one of Houston's first real estate booms happened in the Pasadena, SE Houston area.

Since then, though, things have changed. Generally, "Stinkadena," as the locals call it, is the less desirable area because it is pretty close to refinery row. Make sure that you have the site tested for Hazmat garage. In fact, this is not a bad idea anywhere around the Houston area. There's been a whole lotta dumping going on for a very long time.

Let me know if I can help further, Dale

3. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Thanks Dale,
    maybe we can get someone from Houston area to take a quick drive out there. Thanks to Jim I may be able to do a 1031exchange.

Martin

4. tigermilk

tigermilk Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    James P. Smith
    Martin, what part of Pasadena? It's a pretty big area that ranges from the dumps (closer to downtown Houston) to nice (Clear Lake area). If it's near Clear Lake, I could swing by with a camera.

5. bgomez

bgomez Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    What is the exact address? I will be out there tomorrow. I can take some digital pics and e-mail them to you.
    Bill

6. Moving Chicane

Moving Chicane Formula 3

Dec 15, 2003
    SoCal.
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Martin,

If this all falls through, and you decide to move the search to Pasadena, CA, I''ll check it our for you. ;)

-Dan

7. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    I lived in Pasadena, TX for 5 years, between 1986-1991. For you locals, I went to Sam Rayburn High School for my freshman year, then moved here to Michigan in '91 and have been here since. Anybody familiar with Fairmont Rd? I grew up there, just west of Red Bluff (subdivision was Baywood Shadows & Villiage Grove). How is the area now? That was always a very nice area, but who knows by now. Spencer Highway in Pasadena seemed to be deteriorating at the time and is probably terrible by now. I would love to hear how things are in that area by anybody who knows.

8. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Thanks guys.
    The address is: 1125 Ann Street.

This is about 1 block west of the Town Square shopping center. Ann Street comes right off W. Southmore Ave.

I know the area is not the best. Just by the price. But it could show potential.

Thanks,
    Martin

9. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    MARTIN

THE SOUTH BRONX AND CROWN HEIGHTS, BROOKLYN HAVE SOME PROPERTIES FOR YOU...LET ME KNOW AND ILL RENT A SHERMAN TANK FOR YOU...

BRUCE

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The Pasadena refinerys have been upgraded to a terrorist target alert by the feds. LOL

The contractors routinely blow themselves up there ALL the time, by accident.

It'll burn really bright if somebody lights it up ON PURPOSE!

11. meloyelo

meloyelo Karting

May 20, 2002
    Houston Texas
    Martin,

I could swing by on my way home from work. Only about a mile out of my way. I pack heat, so I feel pretty safe.

:)

By the way, we call it Stinkadena here.

my

12. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3