Opinions: repainting my TR rear bumper | FerrariChat

Opinions: repainting my TR rear bumper

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy, Mar 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I am going to get my TR's rear bumper repainted. My TR bumper is the type with the main bumper running the width of the car, and the smaller central secondary bumper. I am thinking about leaving the secondary bumper off and just repainting the main bumper. I've looked at pics of TRs both ways and can't make up my mind which way to go. So I would like to elicit your opinions if you don't mind sharing them with me. Thank You.

2. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    #2 Eric308gtsiqv, Mar 26, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    Jeff: While it does look nice, without the small bumper, on a red car, I thought that it will make that much of a difference on your black TR.

4. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    I like the look on the red car and I am sure it would look just as nice on a black car. I had a TR so I know what it looks like. Eric's car looks good like that.

5. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    True Henry....it is less of an impact on a black car with the little bumper removed. The red car of Eric's looks terrific without it. Hmmmmm....what to do....what to do?

6. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Lose the secondary.

7. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi Eric,
    here are some pics from my `91 Testarossa Euro a$$:D

8. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Thanks guys for your opinions...I'm really torn now. I love the cleaned up look without the secondary bumper. Are there any black TRs out there without it?

9. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    I love it, Wolfgang -- beautiful TR you have! Man, I have to get a Tubi :) -- is that what is in yours? Wasn't sure if Tubi made an exhaust specific for the Euro models (very different from the US exhaust setup).

Jeff: are you concerned any with trying to keep your TR "original"? Can the secondary bumper be re-attached at a later time, should a "new" owner decide to do so? If so, then you could simply hang on to the secondary to keep "with the car".

10. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi Eric,

thanks buddy and yes its a TUBI with test pipes. Sorry, don`t know, if thee is a difference between Euro/US.