Confusion, which F car to buy ? | FerrariChat

Confusion, which F car to buy ?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by WILLIAM H, Mar 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I'm considering buying another car, maybe this summer or fall. These are my top 3 choices. The Koenig TR Spyder & the 59 Testa Rossa Replica are sort of my top 2 choices right now although the Daytona is nothing to sneeze at. What are your opinions & why. Thanks

2. niek

niek Karting

Mar 24, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Niek
    Wow, that 365 GTB 'Daytona' looks cool. I really know which car i would buy if i were you....

3. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    You only live once. Get all three!

4. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Are you looking for pure rarity, ultimate driving experience, or both?

Either way It's still a hard choice, that replica TR is nice but ont he same hand it's stilla replica. The Koenig TR Spyder would be fast exotic rare and still hold the true Ferrari name, but it is a little to much for my taste style wise(I still love it though) Now that Daytona is just perfect though!

5. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Get the TR and complete the trifecta- 512tr race car, road car and convertible. :)

6. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Koenig TR Spyder!

What is the price range of this car? I have been looking TR for about 2 months now, but never seen them yet. It looks cool & probably sounds nice, too.

Daytona spider is close second, and if you enjoy a vintage car w/ your current line-up, it will be a fab addition.

I don't know why want replica though. What is the original of 59 TR?

Yoshi

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    THAT TR Replica is too long ..

I would buy the Daytona Spider in a hearbeat.

8. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    William,

If you're willing to all me as a non-owner, and my meager "Carting" status to opine on this question, here goes nothing ...

I would get the Daytona. I know you're a racer, so it's likely that the performance enhancments in the Koenig may be of more importance to you than I, but personally, I just don't care for these cars - styling-wise. Plus, you've already got a couple of 512 TRs. I would just go for something different (yes, I know a Koenig *is* different to many)

Your picture was of the Daytona Spyder. If you're considering that one (as opposed to the berlinetta) then it's rarity should make it a no brainer in my book.

The Testa Rossa replica looks awsome, but I'm not sure how the replica market works or how these cars are built. I don't know the market, but is it possible to get a 'real' '59 Testa Rossa (not a replicar ?)

Good Luck, I really enjoy reading your posts and learning from your experience and I'm anxious to hear of your decision.

Best Regards,

Mark

I know you'll do your own due diligence of course, but for me, the Daytona comes out on top.

9. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    has to be the Daytona, only true ferrari out of the three.

10. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    That TR Koenig is down right ugly, I would skip that one.

11. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    a Real 59 Testa Rossa is probably around $6 Million. I dont have that change to spend on a car unforeturnately.

I was thinking of buying a straman TR for around $60k & putting a Koeing fenders on it, like I did w my race car

I'm looking for a fun convertible to cruise Miami Beach & do rallys with my friends w their Ferraris. They all have convertibles or targas so I want 1 too but a little different from the rest

These 3 are all so cool that its hard to decide. But if I get the koenig maybe I'll have enough $ to get an E type too :)

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    550 Barchetta ? one off 575 Spider conversion ? :D ?
    360 Spider Novitec ?

13. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Bingo!

14. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

I'd do the Koenig, but not with the F40 wing. That makes it look like a Mike Tyson reject car. Keep in mind if you go Stramann you gotta find one and then have the fenders put on and painted etc. So depends on how quickly you need the car.

The Tr replica is cool and for sure unique.

The daytona is classy, but I don't think you'd get the attention you want with it.

15. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    360 spider is too common here in Miami, You see 5 every day, Who wants that ?

550 Barchetta or 575 conversion are cool but the 59 TR is cooler & less $.

I thought of 550 spyder but Ive seen exaclty 1 for sale, Very rare I think the Koenig TR is a lot wilder anyways & a lot less $

Of course if $ were no object I'd probably get an F50 :)

16. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Is the Koenig TR a 1,000 HP turbo car ?

That would be my choice......it's pretty tasteful...as far as his stuff goes.

17. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    They are all great cars. Koenig TR is a super exotic, 1000hp. It does not get much better then that. Well there is allways the Enzo.

18. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    "360 spider is too common here in Miami, You see 5 every day, Who wants that ?"

Uhh, I'll take a 360 spider even if I do see 5 others on the road ;)

I do get your point- Exclusivity- just kidding around on a Friday afternoon:)

19. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Well, since you already have a 512TR race car I would get the Koenigg and the Daytona, sell the 512TR ..OR.... get both and sell the 3x8 race cars, but really think you would not take pleasure in the street 512TR once you had the Koenigg, plus you have the 512 racer. The TR replica IMHO is a dud, replicas in general and all, you know what I mean?

20. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    BTW, I forgot... that's a REAL NICE problem to have! LOL

21. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    This summer I'll put my Countach & 308 race car up for sale & use the cash to buy a new topless toy.

I like the Daytona but its a bit understated, More of a CT car than a Miami Beach car :)

22. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Oh, did not know you still had the Countach. How much will you ask you think? IMHO, keep the Countach, sell both 3x8's and the 512TR, that's kind of redundant don't you think? BTW, I know what you mean about the Daytona sort of being "pedestrian" but it is one of Pinninfarina's most brilliant and sexy designs.

23. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I love my 512TR road car & the race car, Couldnt part with either.

The Countach is nice & powerful & draws a crowd but its awful for the track & parts & maintenance are too high + I really want a nice 12 cyl Ferrari roadster so the Countach has to go

24. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles

William
    Given your racing inclinations..I would say the Koenig TR is a winner hands down!
    They break due to the extreme use but I know you can cover yourself
    with a through inspection. A real MONSTER CAR!! Been in one at speed..driven one myself at just about 170 mph.
    This is the car you'll enjoy most plus the original buyer took the HEAVY hit for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Good then we'll be even bcus I'll take a heavy hit after restoring the Countach :)