Close Encounter w/ Gallardo. Is Ferrari doing this too? | FerrariChat

Close Encounter w/ Gallardo. Is Ferrari doing this too?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by TigerAce, Mar 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I was on 35E around 9:00 last night, and this jet-lie sounds came behind me w/ about 40 bikers. At 35E & 183 merging point, my car start resonnating because of this jet-sound, not high pitch, rather deep bass sound. I looked the side, and there was Gallardo. The sound was causing unbearable vibe in my car, so I had to slow down to let him pass. Then he came into ahead of me, and so I was staring its tail till I took exit to 75 (about 5 minutes).

The car looked cool & very noticeable in yellow, but it must be resonnating all cars running by its side whenever it is acceralating, which is very annoying. I wonder my 328 is doing this to others whenever I was acceralating? Or F's 12 cylinders.

I much prefer madly throaty deep tone of 512TR. Does Testa Rossa sounds same as 512TR? I just loved the sound of 512TR even though its was stock.

Yoshi

2. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    Yoshi man a Gallardo shows up next to you and you back off. At least give him the best you got. Don't matter what it is it's still a Ferrari and it loves to play.

3. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Right on madturk !! BTW I will call you later I am waiting on some people right now. Thanks for the email. Yoshi, are you saying it was like a "reverb" sound from the Lambos exhaust?

4. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I'll tell you, this I am sick of Mustangs and Corvettes I never see a Ferrari or a Lambo on the road in Atlanta so I can give it fair chase. Maybe I should move down to Fl. There are enough exotics there.

5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    hey AL, tell madturk i said hi.........and that we have been chatting on the phone. from his posts i gather he is one wild guy!!!!

6. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Madturk, want to go for a drive tomorrow? I know you will SMOOOOOOOOOOOKE my azz, but that's OK! We'll give some Hotlanta soccer moms a thrill with 2 Ferraris blowing by them on 285! LOL
    I'm going to call 512 Professore to with his 512TR

7. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    What Time? I have to be around perimeter mall around 11:30 Am. I'll be busy for a few hour. I am free afterwards. Anyone else in this?

8. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Mister, I am driving on suspended license, MadTurk
    Yoshi may not have thought it right to race at that time

:) :) :) :)

9. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    Writerguy if I get stopped I won't call you and cry about it. Don't worry. Getting another ticket is not the end of the world.

10. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    Hey Al, I have to run call me and we'll plan something.

11. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I was fine when I was running behind it. It was when I was right next to it. Driver side of window was half way down, and it was vibrating from his exhaust note. I was in my MB ML, and bikers were on my both side of lanes, one guy one wheeling on the highway! More bikers were ahead of Gallardo, that's probably why he moved into my lane, I guess.

There was no space to get ahead of him, so I slowed down. I never experienced my car vibrating like that due to other cars, and the noise was not comfortable to my ears either. Now if you were inside of this Gallardo, it may be a different story. That's why I was start concerning on how F cars exhaust affect other drivers' around it.

Does anyone know 512TR & TR sounds same or different???

12. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    That may have been my friend Keith. He has a yellow Gallardo and was at Norwoods last weekend installing a new exhaust. They had fabricated a custom piece for him and he was installing it while I was at the shop. He also has a 355B, so he's not all bad. :)

13. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    when your driving a 328 you shouldn't try and race or "play with a newer lambo....or mustang for that matter. Just cruise along and enjoy the sights

14. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H

Yoshi,

Have you driven your Ferrari with Ferrari club members in your area? Sounds like you've never done it before. Exhaust notes on exotics vary greatly depending on what is fitted. Yes, some can be pretty loud and annoying.