360 prices | Page 4 | FerrariChat

360 prices

Discussion in '360/430' started by ZINGARA 250GTL, Nov 17, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    John, you are saying that you can buy an 02 spider for 10%-15% below the sticker? if that's the case please find me one with the right color combo and we will both make some money.

2. todd

todd Karting

May 20, 2003
    fresno
    Full Name:
    todd spencer
    unfortunately Johnw what you write is just not correct. I searched all over the country for a new 360 2003 spider and there was NO WAY I could get on any list and I HAD the money to buy the car. Unless you have recently been thru the experience of buying a new 360 spider I would suggest you keep your ill-informed comments to yourself. Don't take it personally but you and anyone else who states they can obtain a new 2003 spider at or below MSRP is just naive or is not a serious buyer.

3. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Me too, add me to the list.

I just have to laugh at people that continue to insist these "bargains" are out there. SHOW THEM TO ME!

4. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Whart is right about the fact that as of now there is more than enough buyers for the spiders that could care less about paying over sticker for the cars at this time, however when these people all get there fill and they are on to the next thing the cars will start dropping like a rock because the next set of price concious buyers will not pay premiums and the sellers are not really worried about losing cash on a toy. It will be interesting to see how it really shakes down.

5. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Todd
    There are people who can walk into a dealer and buy any F car at MSRP including an Enzo without any waiting period. This has been true since 1950. There are people who have gotten 2 Enzo's at msrp and 8 360's. That's not a mistatement. 8 360's at MSRP and 2 Enzo's at MSRP. It doesn't get more serious than that.

6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

If i wanted a 02 360 Spider, i guarantee you i could find one for below its sticker price.

7. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    And, this "ruins" things how, exactly? So what...the fool paid too much for his car. Do you think that person cares? What about the guy who paid 3 times the list price for the first Ford GT? Do you think he cares? And what effect does this have on "car enthusiasts"? If he loses a bundle, why should I care?

8. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    How much history with Ferrari does it take to get that kind of treatment?

9. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Clax
    I believe any part of the 557K he paid over MSRP. was a charitable donation.
    That price is not relevant.

10. todd

todd Karting

May 20, 2003
    fresno
    Full Name:
    todd spencer
    Napolis, while that may be true for a very small minority of buyers, the majority of ferrari buyers like myself do not have those connections and are forced to buy at market. Nonetheless, I am perfectly content with my purchase and glad I didn't have to wait three years. My last statement to johnw still is true and I stand by it.

11. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    How easy would it be? If it's easy, find me one.

I'll take the following options:

Preferred color combos: Grigio Alloy/Black, Silver/Black, Black/Creme
    Must have options:
    F1 Trans
    Daytona Seats
    HiFi Sound
    Full Leather Interior

Needs to have less than 5000 miles, and be in immaculate condition.

12. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Todd
    You got a great car and you made your self happy sooner. The only commodity when you think about it is: Time. Making yourself, your family, and friends happy is what it's about. What the Fu ck can you do with 8 360's anyway? Now one Enzo, that's a different story...

13. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Find it yourself. If I wanted one, id find one.

14. todd

todd Karting

May 20, 2003
    fresno
    Full Name:
    todd spencer
    Mr Napolis... well said

15. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    allan, could it be because you can't find one!

16. bgomez

bgomez Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Johnw or allanlambo,
    Find me a new 03 or 04 spyder
    red/blk top with tan or black interior 6sp
    with or without standard options
    or a
    titanium/navy top navy interior 6sp
    with or without standard options

I will pay you 10k over sticker ok ok 15k over sticker. "just a few calls" it should certainly be worth your time.

I gladly paid 10k over sticker for my new 03 coupe and am ready to trade up.
    Thanks,Bill

17. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Yes, you got it!

Try, why look for what you DONT want?

18. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    NO, i would love that too. i'm talking wholesale prices, not retail. as an example, i bought my 02 360 for $250 CDN(list) and ferrari of ontario will only give me $215 for it now. the car has 4000 miles. my friend has a triple black that he paid 305 for (a bit over list) and ferrari of ontarion will only give him $265 for it. while this is toronto, Michigan and New York seem to be following the same trend.

you are really lucky, i would like to trade my 360 in for a spider but the dealer is killing me on the trade-in

19. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    how about i take the 03 comment back and just stick with the 02, which i KNOW can be bought for list.

as far as being naive or not a serious buyer i have had a 98 355, 01 360 and now have an 02 360............................i wouldn't say i'm either naive or a tire kicker.

but i could be wrong about the 03's

20. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Allan, how about if i tell you that you can pickup a brand new Gallardo for $10K under msrp if you look hard enough?

21. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    What a joke. That's only true of celebrities of one kind or another, pro athletes, high-level politicians, entertainers...don't really think that applies to a lot of FChat folks.

Gary

22. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    just to clarify this point from earlier in the thread, F1 supply has far exceeded 6S supply.

in fact, orders are backed up for 6S while F1 orders are being taken and can be delivered MUCH sooner.

my understanding is that the factory makes 4 F1 360s for each 1 6S 360. FSpA is dictating the supply, not the free market.

doody.

23. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
  24. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    That's the response I expected.

25. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Summary of this thread:

03 Spiders at sticker price (for "normal" customers)...BS
    02 Spiders at below sticker price...more BS

Anyone else wanna share some BS with us? It's starting to get really smelly in here, but feel free to sling more BS if it turns your crank.