How to find a 328? | FerrariChat

How to find a 328?

Discussion in '308/328' started by venusone, Mar 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I'm looking to buy one. Advice? How do I find this car in premo condition?

2. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    GO TO THE TRI STATE SECTION...SEE THREAD ... LAST CHANCE FOR AZZURRO 328

PRISTINE CAR...FELLOW F-CHATTER

BRUCE

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I found mine on eBay, but we consummated the deal on the phone. If you go there, look for a listing with a phone number so you can contact the owner. Also look for signs that the car has been properly serviced--a car with over 30,000 miles that doesn't have any mention of the major service could be an expensive headache.

And above all, try to actually see, inspect and drive the car before the deal is completed. As it turns out, I had nothing to worry about, but I was glad I made the trip!

4. Vlad328

Vlad328 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2004
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Vladimir Zuzukin
    I too am looking for my "perfect" 328 GTS. It's become almost a daily hobby to scan various websites for ads. I recommend E-Bay, ferrariads.com (here on ferrarichat), ferraribuy.com, dupontregistry.com, cars.com, and ferrariclassified.com.

Other good resource websites to find 328's for sale include ferrarimarketletter.com and ferrari308.com.

If anyone knows any other websites that advertise 328's for sale or have links to ads, please let me know.

Vlad

5. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Honestly, good luck to you all! I searched 3 years until my mechanic played matchmaker between myself and another (1 owner 1989 328GTS) customer. Finding real "no-story" Ferraris seems difficult.

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Yes, buy Augustines Azzurro 328!

7. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    pick a color/ year/ do a PPI, and enjoy!!!! i also vote for the blue 328, stunning car!!! alas i yearn for a carb euro gtb............ old stuff for me!!!!!!

8. davel

davel Guest

Try FerrariAds.com right here on Fchat and also surf the archives and recent threads. There are at least 2 members here looking to sell 328's!!!

9. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven

AMEN! Now try it with a 308! GOOD LUCK!!!!

10. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    There are two approaches to winding up with a "premo" used car:

You can try to find one perfectly maintained, taking the seller's (and PPI's) word for the condition. There are often issues on a used car that the previous owner no longer notices -- but you will.

Or you can negotiate down the price of a less-than-perfect one, and have your mechanic make it premo. That way, you (and your wrench) know exactly what you've got. I usually advise people to figure a quarter of the purchase price for a service to bring a used Italian car up to "daily driver" reliability.

But the key to ownership is to find the service shop first. No matter how good the car starts out, unless you can get good regular service, you will soon have a lemon on your hands.

And a good mechanic may know of a car for sale that he is already familiar with.

Three! Three ways ... (NO one expects the ... Bring me the comfy chair!) :)

11. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Bruce, Jerry, and Michael,

Thanks for the plugs! I'm starting to get some action on the car so hopefully it will have a loving new home soon. I'm going to miss her! :(

12. Moondog

Moondog Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    North Carolina
    I could be pursuaded to let my 86 328 gts go... red/tan, tubi, speedlines (as well as original wheels and tires), 28k miles, all service records inc. 30k svc complete, all original paint and interior.

I've been told by others that the car is "pristine," but I'm a little more conservative. It's certianly the cleanest example of a 328 I could find. No "Stories" here!

If your interested send me a message and I can give more info and pics. A good pic is located in my profile. The car is currently in storage (heated) but it is accessable to look of drive.

Do you think the wife will be able to tell the difference if a 360 is in the garage????

Moondog
    Brighton, MI

13. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    You missed BobD's car, he sold it about a month ago. Too bad, it was the cleanest 328 I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of 328s.

Don't get in a hurry, a car will turn up. You're off to a good start, you just posted here and you already have a couple of potential candidates.

14. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Thanks.
    I'm looking for a black or silver. Have a 97 GTS I'm looking at but didn't want to buy the 1st car I'd seen. Then again,"He who hesitates looses."

15. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Ferrari of Dallas had a silver 328 GTB on consignment a few weeks ago. One of the very few GTB's I've ever seen in a 328. Not sure if it's still there or not.

16. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    A friend is selling a nice black/tan 328 GTS here:
    http://ferrari.threefourfive.com/328/ He will take high 30's on this car. The car has been exceptionally well maintained as far as service. The cosmetics look very good as well.

And Ferrari of Seattle appears to have a nice silver 328 GTS, but the asking price is awful high.