Testarossa in Canada for sale??? | FerrariChat

Testarossa in Canada for sale???

Discussion in 'Canada' started by nish, Feb 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nish

nish Rookie

Nov 22, 2003
    Hi all! My name is Nik, I am from the Toronto area... Mississauga in particular for thos who know!

I am in the market for a clean Testa... what are your take on Euro Cars?

Also, what about bringing a 1989 and older from the states into Canada as 15 yr rule would allow.

Thanks!

I cna be reached on my mobile 416 520 7607. Regards!

2. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
  3. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Only drawback on bringing in a Euro TR into Canada is the cost of shipping from overseas. Considering there's very little difference in a Euro and U.S./Cdn. TR's, its not really worth it.

Bringing in a TR from the U.S. is a much better proposal. In that case, it does not have to be 15 years old and older, it can be newer, although the car will then be subject to import-regulation requirements. It wouldn't be that involved. For more info, check this link out:

Transport Canada - Importing from the U.S.

4. nish

nish Rookie

Nov 22, 2003
    thanks guys!

5. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

Hey Nish,
    I have any 86 and in Toronto...there a few cars out there. The one posted on the link is at Daytona, its a 91 looks good, but had many birthdays over there. You are better off to buy a car already in Canada...its easier, and less expensive. Let us know of your find.

6. 996

996 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Greater Toronto Area
    I saw one at Leny's Automega back in the summer (August/September). It was a red TR, I think it was a 86 or 87. I heard that one had a new engine put in (don't know why...probably not a very good sign...but maybe it is). I took a look at it and it looked OK. The paint wasn't perfect, but the mere presence of the car was definitely something.
    I checked their website and they don't have it advertised anymore...so not sure where it is now.

7. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Legendary motors in milton has an 86 with 33km. Nice car, also has a yellow bb512 and a 72 daytona coupe. They are in milton.

8. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    i have just been told about a beautiful 86 that was just freashly serviced at Lambo of Toronto. Drop me an e-mail and we can arrange to have a look.

Tom

9. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony

10. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
    Hi Nish,

I see you are looking for a TR. I have a 512TR for sale.
    Let me know if you would like info.

Thanks,

512tr

11. chevalcabre

chevalcabre Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
  12. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Steve, you should send me a list of what you've got. I have a customer for a TR and possibly clients for others. I am also in the business here in Toronto and I get people asking me for F-cars from time to time. I already deal with 2 exotic car guys in Montreal but I could use all the contatcs I can get.

I currently have available to me a 2001 Diablo Blk/Blk 7km and also a 1980 BB512 red/tan sitting in a clients collection.

Cheers,

Vasco.R

13. mwarrior

mwarrior Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2004
    Ontario and Texas
    Full Name:
    Gagan P
    Nik: You didnt goto John Fraser by any chance... did you?

14. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    You're selling it and going for a 360 Modena F1?

15. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
    Hi John,

I would sell only if the price is right, knowing myself and how much I love this car, I would probably back out of the sale at the last minute. The car has only 8500kms, engine service done with complete new clutch kit + brand new pirellis. Like I said The price HAS to be right....this model is quite rare in Quebec, especially black/black. It would be very difficult to come across another (in Canada) if one day I decide that I want this model back again.

And to answer your question, yes I am looking for a 360 Modena F1, but it has to be perfect with no stories. Prefered colors Giallo, or maybe Grigio ???.

John take care, it is always nice chatting with you, be good and stick to your studies, it'll pay off one day, you'll see.

16. typhoon116

typhoon116 Rookie

Feb 16, 2004
    I also have one for sale. If you are looking for a brand new Testarossa look no further. Car has only 3,600 miles and is like new, always been babied. This car will win over almost any other Testarossa in a concours show, it is a 100pt car. If you are interested I am located in Connecticut which is only 4 hours from Canada, you can email me at [email protected] thanks.

17. nish

nish Rookie

Nov 22, 2003
    HEy Guys! Thanks for all the feedback and positive input. I have decided that I will go for either a 348 Coupe or Spyder or Testarossa.

I would love it if you could all let me know of any cars for sale or that friends might want to sell, and whichever carI decide to buy I will give the person who referred me $1000.

Once again thanks for the help! Please email me at [email protected]

18. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Nish,
    There's two 348 spider and one 348 coupe for sale at Ferrari of Quebec.
    http://www.ferrariquebec.com/preowned.cfm

19. audionut

audionut Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adrian Low
    Hey Nish,
    Call AutoForum and speak with Louie or Sergio.They have a nice yellow 348, full service history and I believe a motivated seller. Also a TR in very good condition with a major service done just a year ago I believe. Also a mint 348 Spider. Frankly, I think where you choose to buy is as important as the car, as you can rely on them to steer you right, and also to help you when you choose to sell. In this regard, both gentlemen are superb. I have never had the pleasure to do business with Vasco, but I would certainly call him as well. He has posted frequently here in the Canadian section. Finally, for a superb detail job, speak with Adam who runs Concours behind AutoForum. He is meticulous, fussy, incredibly knowledgeable about Porches and exotics, and VERY anal about his work. When you realise that he insists on about 5 working days to completely detail a car, including removing the seats, redying the leather and trim if necessary, his prices become incredibly cheap! I am a firm believer and fan.

If you call them, them them I sent you. They'll take care of you like family...if you know what I mean!! lol JK!!!
    Adrian Low
    audionut

ps. Have the cars you are interested in inspected by Tom Bakowski. Great guy and honest mechanic. Very knowledgeable and will always tell you the way it is. Also, will offer suggestions to fix the problem instead of just replacing bad part with a new one...fair and honest.

Hope this helps, and let us know how you make out.

20. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Thanks for the kind words Adrian! I was at Autoforum not tooo long ago as I have mentionned in an earlier post. I saw the Red Testarossa and the Yellow 348. They are both in beautiful shape with lots of service.

Nish if you need help with these cars Adrian is right, these two brothers Serge and Louie are great guys and will treat you right. Even the third brother who runs Grand Touring Bentley AWESOME guys.

I am around the corner from Autoforum, you can email me if you need any more help! And do ask Tom Bakowski if you can get the car checked, this guys seems really good. It worth it and you will have piece of mind.

Good luck with your purchase.

Vasco.R

21. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Oh and by the way Tom, congrats on your new position of "consultant". Thats great. YOU ARE tha man dude.

Vasco.R

22. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thanks!! We gotta meet fo a coffe one day

23. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

For sure!

24. nish

nish Rookie

Nov 22, 2003
    thanks for all the help! I will keep you posted as to what might happen... I have a Viper RT/10 and will probably sell this one befor ebuying the Ferrari althought if the right one comes along Two can be more fun than ONE! :)

Once again much respect and thanks.

25. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Hey, no worries. If you ever need help driving 2 cars......you let me know man. ;-)

Thanks

Vasco.R