Pontiac beats a Ferrari GTO???? | FerrariChat

Pontiac beats a Ferrari GTO????

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Enzo, Mar 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    #1 Enzo, Mar 26, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    In 1963, Pontiac upset the best cars in international GT racing, as driver Paul Goldsmith piloted a compact Tempest LeMans fitted with a two-four-barrel 421 Super Duty engine to a win in the Daytona 250 Challenge Cup race. Here, Goldsmith pushes the thundering Detroit iron past a 12-cylinder Ferrari GTO that's fighting for traction in the intermittent rain, while A.J. Foyt in the Corvette trails behind. Goldsmith correctly judged that the rain would run off the high banks of the track, leaving him better adhesion on the outside. He won by several laps, averaging 145 mph, to beat the reigning two-year world champion Ferrari GTO. For American racing fans, this win was indeed a break in the clouds.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    Is this for real?

3. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Yep.

4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Ferrari is a complex love affair. Not always the best on the track, not always the best at the drag strip, not always the best on a winding mountain road. Ferrari is a mystique where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Regardless of what's in your side window, back window, or even in your windscreen, it's still a Ferrari - and there's a certain magic involved.

Jack "the philosopher" Russell.

5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    yep, i love old pontiac iron. but i lust after a ferrari in the garage!!!! i have never driven a 308, but imagine my vette and non stock trans ams would give one a heck of a run. i dont care though. i want one "because". one day i will have the $$$$ for a BBOXER and an old countach. mere words cant always emcompass what is "FERRARI".

6. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

Then you should enjoy this.

http://home.earthlink.net/~fchat/PontiacVSFerrari.htm

7. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    thanks Bryan! hell way things are going now ill be lucky if i can get a 308. i keep hearing about layoffs and a downward dip in the economy. Best Buy just implimented some major changes, they started in Texas, and are going company wide. i'm in Aerospace . i am now scared!!!