Ferraris in a news report... | FerrariChat

Ferraris in a news report...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Peter, Mar 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Earlier this evening, during Global National News, they did a report on how some of the richest Canadians (FYI: who are 10% richer than last year) are spending their money. Examples were designer-breed dogs (couple of grand per puppy), imported $100 loaves of bread and... Ferraris! Featuring the Yellow Enzo, using Ferrari/Maserati of Ontario as a background. Interesting and entertaining.

2. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Wow, didnt see that. The Giallo Enzo was probably Remo's. Since you said they showed his dealership in the background.

$100.00 loaves of bread??? Hehehe. I can go around the block to little Italy and get better......or around the OTHER block to Little Portugal and get even better bread for a fraction of the cost. Oh well, money is just money i guess.

Cheers,

Vasco.R

3. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    The bread in question was imported directly from France that same day. Crazy, I know...

4. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Yeah I know, I once read about that in the Globe and Mail months ago. We can buy that here at the Holt Renfrew Cafe Downtown Toronto apparently.

I will be there tomorrow morning Peter, wish to join me there for a sandwich? Hey you are in B.C!!! No big deal........fly-in in your Jet, have $100.00 sandwiches with me. hahah

;-)

Cheers,

Vasco.R

5. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Haha is right. I wish! Gotta get a Super 7 ticket...

6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I'm sure that government officials who saw that are up-in-arms that they missed some revenue for Revenue Canada.

They issued a press release on Friday that said:

"Several loyal constituents have expressed concern over the lavish lifestyle of the richest Canadians shown on a recent news report. Rest assured that we the government are pursuing everything in our power to make you all equal; no one will own a Ferrari nor eat $100 bread.

We hope that Canada continues to be the home for middle-class, 'open-minded,' pot-smoking homosexuals for years to come."

:D