360 prices | Page 5 | FerrariChat

360 prices

Discussion in '360/430' started by ZINGARA 250GTL, Nov 17, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    if in fact ferrari is intentionally building fewer manual gearboxes in favor of F1 gearboxes maybe this is their way of weaning people off manual gearboxes slowly?

IMHO it's inevitable that ferrari will sooner or later stop making 6-speed manual gearboxes. ferrari's passion is racing and winning...the only reason they build road cars is to finance their racing objectives. they constantly strive to develop new technologies for their race cars and as a consequence they have abandoned the manual gearbox in favor of the F1 gearbox. eventually they will devise some other technology that will replace the current F1 gearbox and i'm sure we'll see that technology work its way into their road cars. at some point it may not make sense for ferrari to continue offering manual gearboxes since it is (or soon will be) obsolete technology. i'm going to stick my neck out and predict that within 10 years ferrari will no longer offer manual gearboxes in any of their road cars.

2. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    ok bgomez, you have a big mouth, let's see if you can follow through. send me an IM and i will give you my e-mail address. i'll give you the name of my lawyer and you can send a draft or money order for $15K U.S. dollars. your red/blk spider has been located FOR LIST and has less than 3000 miles. it is from a reputable dealer. once i get your money i will give you the name of my broker.

3. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I'll jump on this bandwagon. Here is my wish list:

03 or 04 Spider
    New (or less than 3000 miles)
    Grigio Alloy with Black Interior
    F1 Trans
    Daytona Seats
    Full Leather
    HiFi Sound

I'll pay $10K over sticker.

4. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    uh oh. i think bgomez just got owned :)

and there ain't nuthin' like $15K in ownage, baby!

"so many zeroes on my check it says ooooooooh"

doody.

5. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    clax your ingnorance is amazing. are you feeling bad because you overpaid for your car? i dunno seems strange you would have such a hostile response to someone saying you can get an 03 for list.

at bgomez's wonderful offer to give me 15K for finding a spider at list i picked up the phone and called my broker. a couple hours later he called me back with one.

there are TONS of spiders for sale, if you have the dough and are going to buy the car there are deals to be made. you guys either are not doing the legwork or you're not calling the right places. ferrari dealers, for example, rarely have good deals.

in fact my buddy would sell his 03 triple black spider at list if anybody is interested. it is a canadian car with 3000 km on it

6. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    OMG!!! this is better than winning the lottery!! ANYBODY who wants to send me $10K U.S. to get them a spider please send me an IM. i will give you the name of my broker and he will set you up.

7. Ferrari Fanatic

Ferrari Fanatic Formula 3

Apr 2, 2003
    SoCal
    No takers yet? Does that mean: 1) "I do not want to make some extra money for a finder's fee". 2) "I do not want to make some money while helping someone else." 3) "I really have no clue of where to find a low priced no stories 360 at a rock bottom price"

8. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Ignorance? Find me the Grigio/Black car.

No, I didn't overpay for my car. I paid approximately $5K over list. I would have been willing to pay more for a different color combo (Grigio/Black).

Triple black? Is it a 6 speed or F1? I'm not interested in buying, just curious.

9. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Gary
    That applies to me and at least 4 of my friends none of whom are "celebrities of one kind or another, pro athletes, high-level politicians, entertainers..."
    Which do you think is harder? Getting Ferrari to sell you an Enzo at MSRP. or getting them to cast a set of P4 uprights from the original molds? At least 2 of us are on FCHAT.
    Mark
    There's no easy answer to that question. Ferrari is an small co. and they're very proud of their accomplishments as they should be. They also have great affection for those who have suported them for a long time and who keep pieces of their history alive and running. I was WWOC's first service customer. That's something people tend to remember.

10. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    it's a 6-speed clax.........

11. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I'm not saying you're wrong at all, I just haven't experienced that situation with any of my friends, some of whom have owned 6 Ferraris, all bought new, and NONE of whom could get immediate list price delivery of a Spider.

Gary

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    time correction

13. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Oh really? So you would waste your time to find a car, because some clown you dont even know on the internet SAYS he will pay you?

Yeah right! lol

Tell you what, im looking for property around your area. Can you please go around, find some property specs, pics, latest sales info and check out any interesting leads for me? I promise I'll pay you!

14. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    I'LL LOOK FOR YOU!!!!

lmao

15. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    What a great example of your razor-sharp wit. Debating with you is like debating with my teenage nephew.

First off, I am not slapping posts on here saying that there is bargain property available in my area. And, assumnig I was, I might expect that you would ask this.

If you are going to run around making claims about getting 03 Spiders at MSRP, back them up. If I start telling you property values in my area, I will be prepared to back them up.

16. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    avia that is NOT my car and it is way over priced. i have never dealt with prestige but i do deal with autoforum.

however, i do have a 02 titanium on blk. $205 is a little low on the car, i could get 215 for it. where did you get the paying 30K more bit from?

and so what is a real checkwriting number on a spider?

17. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    avia, i dont anything about prestige but it is NOT the same car that landed up at autoforum. the one at autoforum is mine and was brought down there at their request to show a potential buyer. i'm not advertising the car but if someone wants it, then i may trade for a spider or murci.

what are you talking about with ferrari of ontario and the 30K?? who said that?

18. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Art -

When did you place your order? FoSF I assume.

Gary

19. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    But most of the buyers who pay over list will not care if the "price drops like a rock". If they did, they wouldn't have bought the car in the first place. By definition, if one is willing to pay over list, one is paying $XK for the privilege of owning the car now, at this instant. Most of these buyers are not stupid, nor were they born yesterday. They know what they are getting into and it doesn't bother them.

Of course it will shake down. Prices will come down when the next model is out. Or when there are more choices. Look at the prices of 1999 355's vs. where they were just 2-3 years ago.

What is remarkable though is how long their (360) prices have stayed so high. Through tough times economically etc. I can get a Gallardo today at list - without a lot of gyrations. That is a brand new model and a lot more car. There are several F-chatters that have given dealers and names of sales people that are willing to move these cars at list.

Now there are a few people who claim they can get a 360 at list. Not one single person of those who claim they can have offered up any evidence to support that claim. Maybe there is some luck involved or that person has bought 10 ferrari's in the past or has a special relationship... However, I who has never bought a Gallardo, and dont know anyone who has and without any luck, can call around a get one at list. And it wont be a sh!tty color combo either that someone changed their mind on.

That's where the market is today.

20. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    With all due respect James - these people (whoever) they are - are not reflective of the state of the market. These are exceptional, special situations and not the norm. The exception does not make the rule.

21. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I dont think the discussion was about the Canadian market. That may be different to be sure. F car prices are lower in europe too.

22. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I thought that the dealers only had Gallardo demos at this point and are not delivering cars yet. If this is the case, getting one at sticker with no wait is speculation. We will see what happens when they hit the dealers. I am sure it will be similar to Ferrari, people with relationships and connections and deposits will get them and the rest of the people will probably pay over sticker for a while. We shall see. If a mass produced car like the Sl55 comanded over sticker for a while, I would be willing to bet the Gallardo certainly will as well.

23. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    The SL55 situation didn't last very long. They are quite accessible now at or below sticker.

24. Avia1

Avia1 Rookie

Nov 14, 2003
    To be a 2002 Titanium 360 coupe on black leather with a tubi and 6km that you've been trying to sell for over list for the last 6 months would it? Car showed up at Prestige but nobody knew anything about the car when we called on it. Car was then called to me a few times from different exotic car stores/dealers and has now finally landed at Autoforum. The car was first listed at $269K, now it's $259K. The real check-writing number on the car is $205K and I know this because we're one of the only ones writing a check for these cars. Ferrari must be feeling really generous with you because paying $30K more for a 2 model year newer car than one they just took on trade.

25. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    It lasted at least 6 months and most people still advertise over sticker. I know you can get them under now but not when the first hit as will be the case with the Lambo.