New Season | FerrariChat

New Season

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Bob Parks, Mar 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    We're starting a new season of gathering together, visiting, and driving. Good weather is near and the oportunity for personal replenishment and good will is upon us. Even though I'm not a full fledged member, I feel the good vibes when I attend the outdoor and indoor Ferrari Club functions with DJ Spasso and I couldn't hope for a nicer bunch of ladies and gentlemen when there is a gathering.
    BUT, I am dismayed at the mean spirited and sharp tongued posting by some people who seem to resent the fact that some other folks not only can afford F-cars but dare to take them out and show them in public ! I don't understand this kind of thinking and it is totally out of line when aimed at those for whom I have great respect for what they have accomplished in their lives. ALL Ferrari owners are not arrogant rich boys with the so-called trust funds. I know of two who work with their hands at JOBS and actually have the dirty fingernails to prove it BUT they are great people who love the marque, love to drive, and best of all, love and respect other people and the club members who, by the way, resiprocate that respect.
    Sure, some of the club members are successful but I have never seen any evidence of anyone of being uppity, arrogant, or aloof to other enthusiasts ! I have more years on me than anyone I have met in the organization and I have been a sailboat owner and racer, an airshow pilot, sportscar owner, and many other things but I have never met a better group of people in any of the sporty things that I have done in the past. My first introduction to the gang was a big smile and an outstretched hand from everyone and it is still that way. I was, and still am, accepted as an interested enthusiast and there is never a question about my being well-heeled enough to be amongst them like I experienced in some of the other groups that thought about joining.
    Life is too short to be throwing barbs at people for ANY reason. So, let's get along with each other and enjoy what each of us has to offer.
    Several members fired some shots back at the sharp comments but they also sent an invitation to you to share cars and talk with them. Open it.

2. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    A very busy new season, Bob. There's a lot more club activities this year than any previous ones.

3. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Looking forward to some more neat F-car events!

4. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I hope to see you folks at plenty of these upcoming events.

Is Eric H. the only one from your group heading down to Concorso in CA?

5. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    There are a few people drive down with Eric each year.