Mondial t v 456 | FerrariChat

Mondial t v 456

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Modificata, Mar 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Recently bought my Mondial t and absolutely love it. Its the only ferrari i've ever driven, and in a few years i'd like to upgrade it to a 456. For the moment im happy.

Just wondering how the 456 drives and handles against the mondial t. I not interested in a spec comparison, but how does it feel when you drive. For example, I find the weight distrubution with the mid engine on the mondial great.

Like to hear from people who have driven both.

Cheers.

2. ILMAESTRO

ILMAESTRO Karting

Dec 29, 2002
    456 is much faster than the Mondial T, I happen to like the T because it is the only 4 seats convertible made by ferrari. Look wise, the 456 is prettier than the 550 and almost as quick. I don't know why, but 2+2 Ferraries have never had the same appeal as the 2 seaters. Many of them were indeed very nice automobiles!

3. ILMAESTRO

ILMAESTRO Karting

Dec 29, 2002
    I now own a Mondial T cab and I love it. It's a perfect Southern California car.

4. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I have driven both and own a 456 GT. In my opinion, the Mondail t has only one advantage - being a convertible!

The 456 GT is a more modern (reliable) car with better handling, ride and safety features. Not to mention V12 vs. V8 and about an extra 150 HP and lots more torque, power steering, better brakes etc....you might say it like my 456

JMO,

Mark

5. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I have not driven a Mondial t, but I used to own a 3.2 Mondial Cab, and traded it in on a 456. I agree with Mark...

The Mondial was a fun car, tossable, great sound, and a convertible. Mine, at least, had terrible reliability and build quality, a top that leaked, etc. I enjoyed driving it, but I'd never want to take a long trip in it.

The 456 is fast, beautiful, elegant, comfortable, smooth-- completely different than the Mondial. It's perfectly suited to long trips or driving around town as a daily driver. In fact, I think the 456 is possibly the best all-around car I've ever driven.

I took my wife and both kids on an overnight trip in the 456-- something which would be impossible in the Mondial.

A big plus for the Mondial, if you care: everyone notices it, and they all will think it is newer and costs much more than it does. Mine got me more attention per dollar spent than just about any car I can imagine. Hardly anyone notices the 456, which is just fine by me!