Living with a Daytona ? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Living with a Daytona ?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by WILLIAM H, Mar 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    Malcolm,

Thursday I can pick up my car. I have some paintwork done and decided to get modern rubber after reading BillB's story in Ferrari News. I can't wait to see how it drives.

Someone forgot to get me that second set of wheels, but somehow I find the Daytona to be beyond the Borranis. I like the 7 and 9" Cromodoras.

Rijk

2. ILMAESTRO

ILMAESTRO Karting

Dec 29, 2002
    I sold my Daytona a few month ago and now drive a 1965 AC 427 S/C. The Daytona drove like a truck at low speed and was limited by its tires and brakes. The noise was amazing, when you go up through the gears, you feel you are driving in the Mulsanne Straight at le Mans. Amazing. As far as the fun factor (and power), the Cobra beats it anytime! Although the 365 is no slutch!!!!!!!!!!!

3. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale

4. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale

sorry, I missed your response. I too have misgivings about the borranis, I actually think the car looks best on the original mags. If there is an 8 inch rear option that would prob be best. I ahave 9 inch borranis in the back and it looks a little too agressive. How are the new tires? What did you get? Still waiting to see you nin Ca. I am starting a new project at Bard college, maybe I can parlay that into a drink and Daytona talk.