575 I wish they would | FerrariChat

575 I wish they would

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by rjklein, Mar 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    I wish that Ferrari would build a 575 that was just all about business. Back to basics almost like the CS.

A race car for the road if you will, but every time they do this they charge more. It should be the other way around.

2. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Don't they have 575 GTC for track??

3. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    They do, but that is too much race car. Some where in the middle would be perfect. A 575 based on the f-40 idea.

4. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    What about the 575M WITH the GTC handling package.

5. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    damn straight.

[size=+3]575M GTC Stradale[/size]

it's not like that product line couldn't use a shot in the arm anyway.

doody.

6. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    John T - it needs some real weight reduction too - not just a suspension improvement.

of course with the currency situation as it is, the damn thing would likely end up pricing at some ridiculous level :(.

doody.

7. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    I don't think that weight reduction and better brakes would get you far enough. Center of gravity and weight balance are such that you will never get the inertia-free turn-in of a mid-engine V8.

That makes me think that a 355 with a Maranello engine would be a mighty piece of machinery. All that torque and grunt in a sleek looking mid-engine car, yummy.

8. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    lets take the 575 motor, and cram it into a 360

9. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "What about the 575M WITH the GTC handling package."

A fine start, but not nearly enough. A full GTC Stradale version, I'd order in a New York minute.

10. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Yeah I get the point...
    We need something road legal but more hardcore than the 575M GTC handling package.

They should make a 575 GTC Stradale with 575 GTC performance like the 360 CS has 360 Challenge stuff in it. A GTC handling package isn't enough.

11. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Nothings say you cant buy one and strip it yourself :D !

12. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Ive been dreaming that Ferrari would make a 575CS for a few weeks and Im starting on a photoshop soon.
    Wanna give me some ideas/inspiration?

Other members here know how to use photoshop better than me I am sure, so lets see some 575 chops, get to it, show Ferrari what we want! :)

13. Jordan Ross

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Ok, heres what Ive got so far:

I replaced large single hood scoop with two smaller F40-style ducts (not sure how they would improve or even maintain the airflow of the stock hood, but IMO at least they look better ) and I reshaped and enlarged front air intakes on front clip.
    Im wondering what to do next...
    So, watcha think?

14. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Nice job!

15. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Looks great. How about some Stradale side mirrors? And maybe even more pronounced nose, like adding a 360 CS lip?

16. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    How about a spoiler.

17. Jordan Ross

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    I was thinking of adding a CS lip, and I tried to but the end result looked...weird. Now I am considering an F50 front clip with 250GTO triple-scoops. Ill see about that later.

As for a spoiler, that would be hard to add on this particular picture because of the angle. Maybe Ill do another from the back and add a Challenge grill...mmmm.

Thanks for the Ideas!

18. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    It does not make senseto take a Grand touring car like a 575 an make a pure sports car out of it. That's like the ricers taking a family sedan(honda civic,accord) and make it a race car. Well, it's not quite that drastic. But it does not make sense. Especially if you already have a very good sports car (360) in your line up. It makes more sense to just make the one you have better(ie 420), which is what they are already doing. The 575 is meant to have more room, be more comfortable. if you made it a racer you would just be removing what they have strived for, except You would not have the mid engine layout that has worked so well in the past.

19. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Alan - but there are 550 and 575 race cars. And they win races.