P300 Urraco Question | FerrariChat

P300 Urraco Question

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by judge4re, Mar 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Does anyone have one of these cars? Things to look for/avoid.

Are there any good ones left or are these even a worst case for delayed maintenance than a 308?

2. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Try asking the guys on ********************* & checking the for sale section at lamborghiniregistry.com . I seem the remember a thread about one of these for sale. They are quite rare. A couple of guys (JVR) should be able to give you a thought on the car.

3. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Oh man I can't believe that site is blocked! Grow up. lambor.....-talk.com

4. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Eric
    I've driven them and they are fun. That said parts are a bitc h and body panels no longer exist which may effect insurance.
    Best

5. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    #5 Chelle, Mar 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've got a Euro P250 Urraco and it's sort of for sale... personally I prefer the P250 Euro cars, they look cleaner to me - are nearly as rare as the P300, and they are lighter than the P300. The P300 only has like 20 hp more than the P250.. Ideally I would like to put a Jalpa engine and rear suspension under a P250... the additional power would make it a lot quicker..
    Our P250 has new paint, new belts, looks and runs great... only thing it needs in my opinion is tires..
    e-mail me if interested here's a pic, and link to one of my webpages with more pics
    http://members.core.com/~sysadmin/personal/Urraco/lambo.html
    Chelle
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    I dont want to hijack the thread, but Chelle:
    What company did you purchase that 250GTO replica body panels from?
    They look awesome, and I am becoming interested in building such a car, any info would be greatly appreciated!

BTW the color on your Urraco is awesome!

7. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    I think I've seen that p250 when I was looking at pictues of a guy I know copper countach, been restored.(?)

8. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Jordan- the red and white GTO replica's both have bodies by a company that has long since gone out of business.. Alpha1... Joe Alphabet sold his molds years ago, I posted a bunch on this in this thread
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4189

I'll start with a useful link that discusses and links to all the options
    This page is run by the guy who makes the Vella Rosa.. and he's a genuine car nut. http://www.reactionresearch.com/gtorr/
    Then this guy has a site
    http://www.zcarkits.com/
    - but doesn't do it for a living. My experience has been he seldom ever replies to e-mails or voicemails in a timely manner.
    McBurnie (the one who ended up with the Alpha1 molds) is here:
    http://www.thunderranch.com/
    He and the John (from reaction research) are probably the best for communication with customers.
    There is also a new guy on the scene I personally think many of his prices are out of line but he does offer some components that are really hard to get otherwise:
    http://www.scorpionzcars.com/
    I do own know what I'm talking about on this one topic..
    If you want the most accurate body (of the zcar based options) I can put you in touch with Puckett.. but it will take months to get your parts and he doesn't have a web presence.. but hey - that makes the experience all the more authentic.. like buying from GTCP.. : ) nice guys but forget about computerized inventory or anything..
    good luck,
    Chelle

9. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    #9 Chelle, Mar 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Peter,
    The Urraco?
    Kim and I redid that car and it hasn't been in anyone else's garage. The only Countach it has been around is a red one.. here's a pic.. Prior to us redoing the car it sat with no paint for 6 years, so you wouldn't have seen it around anyone else's car.. Do you mean you ran across it online?
    Chelle
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Actually, there's a fellow here in Vancouver that's in the process of doing just that. The last time I met him, the project was on hold because he was going through a divorce (he still had the car though). In any case, he found the car in a barn, alongside a Dino 246. Both were trashed, the Lambo had suffered an engine fire years prior. He bought the car and later found a complete Jalpa drivetrain (brand-new in a crate I believe). If you're wondering, the Dino went to the guy who first told him about these barn cars, later, it would be turned into a race car and is raced regularly and enthusiastically (I've posted pics of it before: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19889&stc=1, http://ferrarichat.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19890&stc=1).

11. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    really? Is the Urraco the formerly red one up there that was on ebay then was back a few months later painted orange? do you know the vin? it's always nice to hear about more of these cars being rescued.. we just bought a complete drivetrain for a P250 and figured it would be nice to keep as a spare... but at this point who knows - we might sell the whole lot to make room for other projects..
    I'd love to see one done with a Jalpa engine.. personally I love the car but don't have the room to keep too many at once and have my heart set on finding a Miura - or downdraft countach...
    Chelle

12. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Thank you very much Chelle!

I will let you know if I need to get in touch with Puckett.

Thanks again!

13. Attitude928

Attitude928 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    Richard Solomon, who ran the NE Running of the Bulls last year, has his P300 up for sale....see www.lamborghiniregistry.com for details & contact info.

Within the past 2 years either Car or Evo Mag ( I think) had a real good article comparing the Ferrari 308 & the Urraco.

14. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Erik,
    sorry - I just realized I didn't really answer your question - personally I think the biggest issues with these cars are rust and neglect... they are relatively affordable so often the people who buy them balk at the prospect of spending a few thousand for maintenance on something in this price range.. so they sit unused and end up with rust, dried out seals, etc.. or they get driven until something breaks and suffer the same fate due to parts not being simple to find... personally I have not had anything I needed be impossible to find yet but I'm resourceful.. and never pass up on spares I know I might need in teh future... we just bought a complete engine and trans just because it was available, but most buying a 20-30k car would never think to buy spares on this scale.
    I personally don't know any P300 owners, though I occasionally see one for sale on the lambo registry.. I do know 4 other P250 owners though.. If you get one joind the yahoo group "Vintage_Lambo" and several of us are there who will be happy to help you locate parts, tell you what ferrari/fiat/lancia parts are the same, etc.. Good Luck.. and like I said - i'm open to offers on the ours... always another project out there demanding time and garage space..
    Chelle

15. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Thanks for the input.

16. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Hi Chelle,

Sorry, I don't know the VIN of his car. I hope he didn't have to put it up for sale, since it sounded like he was really into it (both financially and emotionally). I'll probably see him again at the next Vintage Race this season, since he's a member of the Vintage Racing club and a track marshal and I'll ask what's the current situation. We first met when I had my GT4 on display at a show and naturally, it caught his attention and we talked about these mid-engine Bertone cars.

By the way, I've seen that site of yours back when you posted links to it on the Ferrarilist. The two of you did an excellent job with that Urraco. Love that shade of blue (I bet it even looks better in person).

17. Harry-SZ

Harry-SZ F1 Rookie

@judge4e : in the british magazine "classics&sportscars" of this month : a test between Jalpa and 328GTS. There is also a little info on the Urraco and Silhouette.

Maybe interesting for you?

18. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Thanx Peter,
    I'd love to see some pics, or in person - and if he's in a mood to sell... : )
    That blue worked out nice - in sunlight it looks a little lighter, under overhead artificial light or at dusk, it looks deeper, darker.. I'm really happy with it : ) here's a pic of it under artificial light
    http://members.core.com/~sysadmin/personal/Urraco/lambo030.jpg

You're welcome Erik

Harry, Thanx - I'll keep an eye out for it!
    Chelle

19. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    We'll see. I'll keep you posted.

Wow, really lights up. Beautiful.