355's Side View Mirror Part | FerrariChat

355's Side View Mirror Part

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Capt, Mar 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Folks,

The little panel on the bottom of my driver's side view mirror seems to have broken. It is held in by tabs and a screw, one of the tabs broke and now the thing is always hanging down. Where can I find a replacement? I have an email into Sodacom but I was curious if you guys (and gals) had any other suggestions? It's one of those things that is annoying me to death.

Thanks,

Michael

2. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    What? No one has any idea where I can get a side view mirror? Are there any salvage yards that specialize in Ferraris??

-Michael

3. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Do a search on the net for a publication called " Locator" or "The Locator" can't quite remember. It's a print publication which is sent to salvage yards. It contains a healthy selection of exotic autopart salvagers. Includes Ferrari, Lambo, MB, BMW, Lotus... whatever the flavor of the month is.

Happy Hunting.

4. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
  5. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    If your not up to sporting a subscription contact them and ask for a media kit to be sent to you. That will contain a current issue of their magazine which should have some good sources for parts. Give it a shot. Tell them you may be interested in advertising. If you need any assistance PM me.

Good luck

6. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    You can fix that little part by using a good quality epoxy glue. Depending on how much of the tab was broken off, you can either epoxy a little bit to build up the missing corner and sand to shape or glue in a metal tab. I did it on mine and works just fine.

7. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thanks for the idea, looking at it last night i came to the same conclusion. I going to take the other side off, so I can get an idea how mcuh to build it up. I have a couple of products I can use as well already at the house.

-Michael