Ok, this whole dubs and spinners stuff is starting to get a bit out of hand | FerrariChat

Ok, this whole dubs and spinners stuff is starting to get a bit out of hand

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Johnny Bravo, Mar 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
  2. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

I hate 'em, but I have to say the guy is capitalizing on a huge opportunity with his already established market.

3. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    That is so ****ing stupid. Why would anyone want spinning rims on shoes? Dumb****s.

4. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL

I completely agree. Its the stupidest idea/product I've ever seen!!! But, hey, if someone can sell it (at 110 bucks probably a chunk of profit) more power to him! :) Good salesman, he's laughing all the way to the bank!

5. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Why does anyone want spinning rims on a car? Its going to sell (in fact I know some people who have them). Its like those shoes with the flashing lights when your foot hits the ground, only for a more "gangsta" oriented audience.

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    One of the rappers on the Cars episode of Cribs had a "spinner" diamond necklace. It was probably 4 or 5 inches in diameter and looked hilarious

7. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I had no idea that Sprewell started the whole spinner thing. It's nice to see him capitalize with another over-priced gaudy accessory for poor kids to beg, borrow and steal for, just so they can emulate rappers and athletes.

8. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
    Not only is the shoe ****ing hideous as your crack-ho mama, the writeup sounds like it was slapped together by the same person who slaps the spinning piece of glitter on the product.

I saw Latrell wearing this in a game recently too. The "series of events" apparently are not absorbing energy enough, because his numbers have suffered as of late and the T-wolves just lost the 2nd spot in the playoff race to the Lakers. :)

9. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
  10. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I was riding alongside a guy last night with them on a Tahoe, had a sticker in the rear glass that read "East Coast Playaz.com" and the right rear was defective and not spinning, it was the only one that did NOT look ridiculous, IMHO! Absolutely idiotic BUT, from an entrepreneurial standpoint, I admire whomever came up with the idea!

11. anotherguy

anotherguy F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2004
    This might be a fairly stupid question, but does anyone else see a problem in the function of these things? Spinners on a car spin as they do because the wheel was rotating. IMHO, It wouldn't matter whether you were walking, running or jumping, but if your feet are moving in a manner similar to that wheels on a car/truck, your should probably consult a doctor immediately as you have no ankle joints.

I mean I could be wrong but think about how the human body moves when walking. The motion of the feet is more similar to a pendulum that a wheel. Even when running, the foot moves in a manner very different from a wheel.

So in other words, anyone out there with an explanation about how these things are supposed to work? I would assume they had anticipated that if they don't work exactly like the wheels(when I stop walking they should spin for a while) people will ***** and moan.

But on the other hand, perhaps my understanding of the scientific principles that govern the universe has gotten a tad rusty and Latrell Sprewell is well overdue for his Nobel Prize for physics.

-ag

12. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    What would be really funny is if the shoe spinners created a gyroscopic affect and caused the moron wearing them to lose control of his feet and stagger like a drunk.

13. anotherguy

anotherguy F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2004
  14. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Well, those are fancy, indeed! The next obvious step is to put real diamonds in the shoe spinners!

15. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Holy ****. I joked with my friends like 3 years ago that i'd like to sell wheels with diamonds on it. I wonder how much these ****ers cost.

16. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I could crap in a zip-lock bag and if I market it right, I too could make a million! Nothing wrong with well funded advertising on a product that the inventors are convinced it's a good deal. Maybe I'll come out with a line of spinners that can be mounted on pets. "Yo, Fido.....Fetch!".