Verizon steps on their dick at 30,000 feet | FerrariChat

Verizon steps on their dick at 30,000 feet

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Mar 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I took off from San Jose to Chicago last Monday. For only $15.95 for the flight, I could connect to Verizon's new airphone service for laptop email, etc. I called the phone number from my seat and signed up. I also signed up for $10 per month on my Verizon bill for $.10 a minute in the air.

Results:

The laptop connection did not work. I could not dial out. I figured it was the phone.

I returned three days later from Boston to Chicago. The phone worked well with outside cell calls that rang to my seat (that was cool). On my leg from Chicago to San Jose, the phone worked great for 20 minutes in the air. I called Verizon from the plane and they gave me a new PIN. It did not work. I could not get the laptop connection either. I called Verizon four other times. They were clueless about the service and were as frustrated as I was!

I finally got a customer service person that went to the kickoff meeting at Verizon for this service. She stated that 99% of the customer service people at Verizon had not had this training. She said that the service only works within 200 miles of a major hub. She also laughed when I asked her about the connection fee for the entire flight that will only work over a major hub. "ya, that's the way this program works"!

Why can't corporate executives put their butt on a plane and try these new services they spend so much money to develop (that don't work)??

2. Michael

Michael Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2001
    Nevada
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Kinda like their push to talk service.......Nextel jokes that it's "push to wait".

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    In Hyderabad, right?

DL

4. Michael

Michael Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2001
    Nevada
    Full Name:
    Michael
    As far as I know, Verizon does not outsource their calls outside of the U.S. They may outsource to another company in the U.S..