All Female FerrariChatters? | FerrariChat

All Female FerrariChatters?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Tomf-1, Mar 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Just curious how many Female F-chatter-ettes are in our community? My wife said its "exclusively" a male forum. To be truful, I don't know the answer. If you're out there, pls show yourself.

PS: For the rest of us, I thank you in advance for no crude and sexist comments.

2. ferrarioneday

ferrarioneday Rookie

Mar 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    Marta
    This time, your wife is wrong...

Marta

3. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

Welcome, Marta and in this instance, I'm glad she is wrong.
    Hopefully, there will be many more replies to come.

ps: Are you currently F-car owner?

4. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    There are several female F-Chatters here.

5. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    I hope marta lives by NYC :)

6. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris

read her user name :D

7. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Oh brother here we go again. Make room for the sucking ups. Hahahahaaaaa

Oh yeah welcome to the board Marta.

8. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    #8 Chelle, Mar 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well, there's at least two more of us.. and yes I have a Ferrari, and a girlfriend and I restored our Lambo .. we both do most of our own work on our cars... we're professional computer geeks most of the time and play with cars on the weekends.
    Kim likes to tease me because the day I painted the Lambo I was wearing boots with 3 1/2" heels, lol.. it's true..
    As proof we work on our own cars here's a link to a hazy one of me in the homemade paint booth getting ready to spray the Lambo and a pic of Kim getting in a Miura.. someplece I have a pic of her adjusting the webers... can't seem to find it though
    http://members.core.com/~sysadmin/personal/Urraco/lambo025.jpg
    I'm teh blonde in this pic standing by the blue lambo here:
    http://members.core.com/~sysadmin/personal/Urraco/lambo23.jpg
    Chelle
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    chelle, that's awesome that you work on your own car(s)... :) what kind of ferrari do you have... and what part of the country are you in? I had a chance to ride in a Miura S before... what a fun ride that was!

Oh... and to answer the original question, there are plenty of female f-chatters here... and in so cal, many female f-car owners as well! :)

B.

10. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Good for you girls. Restoration too eh? Nice.

That would come in handy so that when I fk-up my car at the track I could pull it into the garage and actually have something fixed on it without taking it to the damn shop and dropping mad $$$.

Awesome.

Just don't start to man-hate, we've had a couple of incedents already. {{Personal attack deleted.}}

You know that reminds me, you know what would be great?

You two doing some bikini shots with your latest restoration project in the background.

"Brains and Beauty" that would be the theme we'd go for. It could be very tasteful, you know I'd be looking at it as art really. I would hardly even see you two standing there in extremely skimpy thongs, all lathered up with motor oil, or some other car lube, wrenches in hands. You'd fade right into the background.

In fact I could dial up our resident "artist" Stephen (EnjoyTheMusic) and he could take a cab on over to the shoot to supervise. He's got a little problem with transportation, but he's working on that via some nice community service functions. Don't you worry, he's top notch and he's like me: We're there for the art. This isn't amateur hour. When we say, "you know, the shot would be more serious sans-tops" you can bet it's with your best intentions in mind. LOL

Anyway, welcome, and contribute more. We'd like to hear your thoughts on everything.

11. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Thanx guys,
    Byron,
    I've got a 250 Lusso chassis that was a basketcase that a previous owner rebodied as a GTO, a 74 porsche, and co-own with my roomie a replica 250GTO (I'm currently converting to RHD just to be different).. then Kim and I bought the Lambo - a 1974 Urraco in boxes and put it all back together again, and she owns yet another GTO replica, a VR4 (all the expense and maintenance issues of a ferrari without the prestige, lol)
    We're in Chicago burbs, but I may be living in Cali as well soon.. looking for the right position in the Sac area..
    Mako,
    I'm not a man hater.. hard to be a girl car nut and not enjoy being around guys.. but I have read Nika's page for some time... and think she's kewl too... and I don't hate anyone really
    but bikini's? heels while painting is one thing but a bikini around air tools and hot parts? scary.. lol besides.. I'm not an 18 year old bikini model.. I'm a bit older than that - think of me like an older version of "Sway" from gone in 60 seconds... not as hot, but just as thin, a couple years older, and I think I could do anything to a car that fictional charactor could... : )
    Ask any of the chicago listers that go on drives together - kim and I love cars as much as anyone and will break out our tools to try and help anyone with a tempermental exotic ..
    Chelle

12. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
  13. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    I think you're being too hard on yourself, but there's only one way to tell for sure: Private me some larger pics because those mini-pics you posted are too small on my 1920x1200 24" LCD display. I swear they will not fall into the wrong hands, and if they appear on 50 different car boards over the course of the next few days, they certainly would not have come from me.

Here's an easier question while I'm waiting for the pics:

Out of all the project/restoration cars, which one was the most memorable good or bad, and which one is your favorite?

PS - Nice work on that Urraco. You don't see those everyday, and when you do they're usually in NEED of a good restoration. Great color too.

14. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Just saw the link you posted... cool stuff. That's pretty interesting to have a 250 Lusso rebody... I always thought the GTO rebodies were better made from GTE's or something of the sort... the Lusso is such a beautiful car in its own right! :) Nice cars, btw...

There are plenty of guys in the Chicago area... I was there last July, hanging out with some local guys, cruising Lakeshore Drive... We had brunch at The Room in Wrigleyville... Andres, Jack, and a few others... car guys for sure!

Look us up if you make your way to So Cal... we have a very active group of drivers here. And yes, many many more car nuts just like you and me!

Byron

15. Debbie

Debbie Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Debbie
    There are more gals out here than you think! :)

16. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Chelle, that was a great link! great job on the cars, thank you for sharing. michael

17. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Chelle, welcome to the board (belatedly--sorry). You'll have to join us in the near future for one of our drives. Definitely a good group of guys, but I think we're starting to get tired of looking at each others' sorry mugs!

18. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    and we wonder why we don't have more female members

19. Organiser

Organiser Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    West Midlands UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Haynes
    Hi Chelle,

Great link, loved the work you have done on the Urraco. Always been one of my favourites. I would like to see the work you have done on the Lusso, if you have any pics.

Thanks.

Phil.

20. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

LOL

21. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Chelle, wow, that restoration is very impressive, regardless or age or gender. How did you learn so much about cars? Just curious. When I was a boy, I got into go karts and a buddys dad began to teach us about engines etc. Shortly after that, I gave up the carting and the engine lessons for more time devoted to sports, so missed out on the chance to be F1 driver!!! Anyway, very nice work indeed. PS, I hope this won't offend you, but I just have to say that if a willowy blond, whose legs are taller than her car, gets out of a cool old exotic.....well lets just say I think you underestimate the stopping power you have there!!
    Have fun and keep the posts coming.

22. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Chelle---- You're way...way over-the-top. I am mechanics-envy and overwhelmed with inferiority complex....LOL. You defy all the male macho myths and set all male stereotyping of women and super/exotic cars straight.

For the record, I often rely on AAA to change my flat tire let alone doing what you do......Bravo. I will tell my wife. She will be proud. You rock!!!!

23. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

Mako99--- For that I am grateful for your class....So please let keep all the "clean" comments coming.

24. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Just fantastic, that was a great article. Whether you are male or female that project was very nice.

Congrats on the work well done....hope you enjoy the rides for many yrs to come in good health.

BTW: If your not married, and thinking about it...do the prenup !! Take it from experience.

All the best.

25. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Chelle, Kim and Haley(Chelle's roommate) have joined us on rides.

I'm sure they'll continue to do so.

I'll tell ya, it's amazing what these girls can do with a wrench! I don't know anyone else who knows as much about cars as Chelle does!!!

On one occasion, Chelle and Kim were pulling parts off of their cars, to fix a friend's Ferrari.