New spider for jan05 del...should i pay the deposit? | FerrariChat

New spider for jan05 del...should i pay the deposit?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by bigmoose, Mar 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigmoose

bigmoose Karting

Oct 13, 2003
    London and Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    CT
    have been offered a 360 by my dealer for dec04 build with del around jan05

i have spent the better part of my sunday afternoon seaching the board for 360 replacement info(was overwhelmed by the sheer amt of it)
    a lot of it informative ...some speculative.....some down right rubbish

knowing my luck and as in the past as soon as i put my deposit or when its time for del ....ferrari would announce the model change or upgrade

regardless i am not selling the modena (so its not that i will be without a f car )its just that i have always wanted a spider(new one ....sorry joe saw yr post of today)

so chaps the question should i or shouldnt i?

on a diff note ...been reading/posting on the boat chat forum ....i tell u we have a good thing here with a lot of genuine people willing to help most and so on.... the lot there ..most unwelcoming, egoistic (surprisingly the ones with the smallest boats /d#cks are the ones with the biggest problems)bunch i have come across
    my best to all
    chetan

2. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Do you mind not having the newest thing on the block? You could try getting on the list for the replacement spider, but I guess you'd have to wait 2-3 years for it. The delivery miles ones we all see for sale are as good as new, so you could see if there's one that fits your spec.

3. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Id go for it if its the car you want? I think the new Spider model is at least 2 yrs away...??

imo that is

j

4. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Yeah that's true, the spider always comes a year after the berlinetta.

5. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Autocar this week had a spy shot of the new 360 (looks identical really). The text said that according to ferrari sources it will be either 4.3L or 4.5L with a 70+bhp increase. If you are keeping the your modena then it depends if you are looking for. I would put a deposit down for the spider and the new "430/450 Berlineta". By the time the new model is out you may be ready to chnage your carren car for an upgrade too.

Cheers
    Philip

6. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Was that the grey one? I think that was just a 360 CS being used as a test mule fo rthe new engine.

7. bigmoose

bigmoose Karting

Oct 13, 2003
    London and Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    CT
    joe
    was great talking to u
    am trying to understand what sort of deposit the dealer is looking for
    if he gives me an option of finalizing the spec lets say around june /july and holding the dep as fully refundable ..then maybe i would go for it

noony
    its not abt having the latest thing on the block ...
    my current car sits in a garage for most of the year while i spend most of my time in sunny goa ...and only get to see it let alone drive it a couple of times a year
    the thing is when there is a model change the previous model takes the largest hit at that time and then it evens out over time

have been offfered a few cars but hardly any with del miles unless 1500 is considered that

355fiorano
    the upgrade is due any mo and will mostly be around the engine and minor visual
    any info abt dealers talking deposits for the 430/450 Berlineta?

8. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Dealers are taking deposits for the new car. i think Izza already has put one down a few months ago.

9. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
  10. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Chetan

regardless i am not selling the modena (so its not that i will be without a f car )its just that i have always wanted a spider(new one ....sorry joe saw yr post of today)

Joe's car is just like a brand new one , if not better the cats have even been polished in his !!!!

James

11. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    For my money I would put down a 5k deposit now for three reasons:

1) You will certainly get a 360 spider, a great car!
    2) If the new car does come out (which I sure is still two years away) you can use the deposit as a lever to try to get a newer car
    3) You can walk away and get your money back anyway

12. bigmoose

bigmoose Karting

Oct 13, 2003
    London and Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    CT
    355 fiorano
    tks for the info
    pm on the way to izza

noony
    had a look at the car at rjs
    am personally looking for a f1 and the its most like going to be tdf/creme /blue stiching
    and the whole pleasure of having the other bits an bob when u order a new car to yr spec
    do give us a shout if u happen to come across a tdf

jrs
    absolutely
    have been out with joe on a drive out and his car is kept to standards unheard of
    i mean u could eat of the engine bay
    but as i said earlier looking for a f1 most likely in tdf

robin
    will discuss with dealer and let u know how it goes
    but quite frankly i dont know how the dep is kept

just out of curiousity ...what happens if a dealer goes bust while holding on to yr dep?
    the dep level asked for is circa 10 k
    have seen posts with dep being 5k and as low as 1k
    any info?

best to all as always
    chetan

13. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    I did and was told new arrival of hard top 2005, new spider 2006.

14. bigmoose

bigmoose Karting

Oct 13, 2003
    London and Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    CT
    izza
    u got pm
    chetan