Auto Quest 308gt4 warning | FerrariChat

Auto Quest 308gt4 warning

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by thecarreaper, Mar 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    just a note for my fellow GA / southeast fchaters. i have called these folks about a 308gt4 they have for 22k. they have had this car for over 2 years as i had a 70 Z28 camaro in tow that i bought from atlanta 2 years ago and the car ( ferrari) was there then. i have narrowed my search down to a euro carb 308gtb or MAYBE a 308gt4. they were not at all happy with my insisting the car be inspected, they have no books, no tools , no records, no air cleaner assembly or airbox, car has little foam things on the carbs and thats it. i have around 20k or so for a car, i offered them 17k if it passes a ppi. they told me flat out the belts and tesioners had not been done in YEARS. stay away from these folks and this car unless its way, way cheap. frustrated........... michael

2. miked

miked Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    That car has been there FOREVER. They have not even attepted to clean it not to mention that it has had some tasteless mods done to it. IMO it is more of a fancy window dressing for their showroom until someone with a lot of money and no brains comes in. All their cars are in about the same condition.

3. LMW

LMW Rookie

Mar 27, 2004
    New Haven, CT
    I don't usually post here but just wanted to mention that I drive two cars purchased from these people and they sold one for me several years ago, and I was surprised to see this posting. They have always been very pleasant & fair to deal with. They *encouraged* me to get a second opinion on the value and condition of the cars, and both times they checked out. I enjoy stopping by their place whenever I drive back from Florida. When I hit my next midlife crisis, I have no doubt that I'd buy from them again.

4. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Hmm, doesn't "usually" post here? That was his *first* post at Fchat, and if you look at his join date, it was the day of the posting! Might not be a particularly unbiased opinion... hard to tell about that under the circumstances.

5. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    Good eye Mike.

6. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i just saw that this thread was active again, Autoquest wanted nothing to do with me when i started asking questions. they stated themselves that the car has been sitting, that they have no idea when the belts , tensioners ect were done. they had no clue if they had ever changed the oil while the car was sitting!!!!!!!! they got irate when i told them i would come up there with cash in hand and buy the car AFTER IT PASSED A PPI DONE AT A LOCATION OF MY CHOOSING. they said the would not leave and they would not take less than 22k for it. F_ _K em. i dont have time for games. carb 308 gtb is what i have decided on. time will tell. STAY AWAY FROM AUTOQUEST!

edit. ALL OF THE OTHER CARS THEY HAVE ARE OVERPRICED AMERICAN MUSCLE. I BUY AND SELL MUSCLE CARS SO I KNOW. THEY DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT TO DO WITH A FERRARI. BUYING A CAMARO FROM THEM OR WHATEVER AND HAVING A QUOTE" GOOD EXPERIENCE " DOESNT MEAN A WHOLE LOT IN THIS CASE SINCE ANY IDIOT CAN WORK ON A GM CAR.