Chevy's 4 door Ferrari | FerrariChat

Chevy's 4 door Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by WILLIAM H, Mar 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Went to the Ft Lauderdale car show yesterday to see the C6 Vette. This car the Chevy SS floored me. Its Gorgeous !!!!!! The photo is ok but you really have to see it in person to undertsand what I'm talking about. The fenders remind me of a 50s Ferrari racer. Chevy HAS to build this. I'd take it over a Maserati 4 porte or a BMW M5 or a Maybach any day

2. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    The C6 Vette was nice too . I would drop the sprins 2 inches & the front looks like a Mini 68 Vette :) Wouldnt mind a C6 but I wouldnt trade my 68 or my 93 in on it

3. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    from the side it does look a bit like the Quattroporte. The lines are nice, rather like the MB CLS

4. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I wouldn't take it over a Quattroporte... but its nice to see Chevy getting more interesting (beyond the Z06).

5. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    I have some concept photos of it, it takes a lot of its cues from the Maranello.

6. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    cant believe it but its beautiful. with c6 and this, chevy is better styled than f with 612 and qport. and i dont mean for the $ value either.

7. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    It IS great-looking, but save your applause for the final design--if there ever is one.

8. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    #8 C. Losito, Mar 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    True. If anyone can botch the execution, it's Chevy. Silverado SS? Nothing more than a styling package that can't even hope to keep up with the SRT-10/Lightning. The SSR "retro truck" is underpowered as well.

But it's still a Chevy. Someone will make it fast if GM doesn't. I applaud them for what they're doing though. You awake there, Chrysler? Where's my '04 Charger R/T?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Bob Lutz is at GM now, thats why they have the cool new C6, Pontiac Solstice, Chevy SS & SSR. Bob rules

10. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    That car at the Dallas Auto Show last month.

11. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    In January, I wrote in the LA Auto Show thread...

"SS Concept vehicle - Chevy, please do it like this."

Aesthetically, Best US car of the show.

12. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    That SS concept is from last years auto show. Its been on the circuit a year now. Its nice, has a 430 horse v8 in it as well.
    OH and as of right now the SSR is not meant to be a race truck so how is it underpowered? Have you driven one? (directed at the person who said it was)AS of right now its pretty ample for its intended purpose, which is a sporty retro convertable truck. If you want a sports car dont buy an ssr then. I just dont get all this banter about underpowered blah blah blah, compared to what? ok im done.

13. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    I'll eat my words if it makes it to production with that 430 horse v8. GM will not release this vehicle with that kind of power, even with Lutz at the helm.

You're saying the SSR is more of a PT Cruiser type retro vehicle? Well, what was the main complaint about the PT? No power. I guarantee you that when the truck comes out with the 5.3L folks won't be satisfied. I don't have to drive it to hypothesize about performance (it's just a Silverado).

14. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    The SSR is no way "just a Silverado". The only thing Silverado about is the 5.3l, but even that the SSR has more hp and tq. Ive gone over the Silverado and SSR and their is nothing besides the motor thats indicative of a Silverado. Perhaps their were a few minor bolts I missed or maybe a control knob, but the SSR was not meant to be a hauler, it was not meant to be a high perf driving machine. It was supposed to be niche vehicle, and it does just that. To say that its underpowered and "just a Silverado" when its clearly not is absurd.