Some new AM DB9 pics | FerrariChat

Some new AM DB9 pics

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Johnny Bravo, Mar 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
  2. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Am i the only one who thinks astons after the Vanquish (except the db ar1) are ugly? It looks terrible imo

Also, anyone else see Bentley GT lines in there.

3. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Those are beautiful, the paint is perfect, the interior is gorgeous!

One thing that stood out to me a lot is the Guages, they look like something Breitling would design.
    Very nice!

4. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    thats the only thing i like

5. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Best line-up there is today. Stunning cars.
    T

6. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Blah, looks like a Lexus...

7. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
  8. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Gorgeous car IMHO. I also think they have the best looking lineup out of today's modern cars. The lines flow smoothly but still posses a very aggresive tone.

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    What a beautiful car and great photos, thanks for posting. Once they bring the AMV8 into the lineup watch out. It is sad that AM did such a nicer job on the DB9 than Ferrari with the 612. I don't understand with those lines how anyone can think it is bland or lexuslike. To each there own I guess.

10. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Great great car. Anything that looks like a Vanquish is ok in my book. This takes the best parts of a Vanquish and makes them even better.

11. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
    That's one sexy beast... I'm breathless..

12. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    WHY THE HELL CAN"T FERRARI DESIGN A CAR LIKE THAT!!!

That is one awsome machine. Look out Ferrari because cars with real looks and real performance are going to kick you into the out of business crowd real fast. That is one beautiful machine. I now have a favorite new car.

13. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I think it looks great. Much better than the Fcar 612 or horrible Maserati.

14. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    As some of you might have guessed, i'm from England and am very patriotic to British brands.

However, there is just something about these new Astons that doesn't do it for me. I can't place my finger on it but something isn't right. They're pretty good looking, but then i think they've just modified the Vanquish look to get the new cars. The Vanquish is amazing imo, these new cars are just copies with different engines/sizes etc.

I've driven a DB7 and there is something really special about the car. It's a bit like the smell of Ferrari's leather... you know you're sitting in something special. The new Aston's may have this aura (i haven't seen one in real life).

I just feel the new Astons aren't actually Astons. If i wanted a 4-seater i'd get an M5 and then something like a Noble GTO with the change for some fun. I can't see a role for a DB9 in my future garage.

15. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Very nice-looking. The rear profile has a bit of a G35 look to it, but that's hardly the worst thing in the world.

16. ebrigham

ebrigham Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    Can this thing actually fit 4 people? Or is it like the DB7?

17. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Another Brit here!

I recently was on the M40 (a freeway for the US readers) when I spotted a DB9 - it was in the same red as the pictures on this thread. It was late at night and only the light cluster that made me realise that it wasn't a Vanquish.

Overall all the new AM's look the same. If you don't like one then you won't like any. A big risk for such a marque.