How do I lower my 360 | FerrariChat

How do I lower my 360

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Buttuz4eva, Mar 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    Can someone tell me how to lower my 360 ? Is it something I can do myself ?
    How long Does it take ? If I take it some where what do you think it would cost to have it lowered ? Do I have to lower the front more to make the suspension feel right ? Sorry if these questions have been asked before.

2. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    From what I understand it's a standard coil-over system so it should have to couplings at the bottom. You need to get the proper wrenches to fit the car (best place is at a Ferrari dealer) loosen the bottom and then lower the car. That said I would take it to a shop to get it four corner balanced to keep the weight disturbed evenly on all four wheels.

3. funshipone

funshipone Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    Let some air out of your tires. I'm sorry but I had to say it before someone else did just kidding.

4. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    buttz

You don't have to take it to the dealer. They will just over charge you. Any good alignment shop, that can corner weigh it for you, will get the job done just fine.

5. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Yes; Yes; 5 minutes a corner to lower--up to 20 minutes a corner to do it right; Shop time on the cornerweighting setup;

You should know that the F360 suspension is only "right" in the very tiny band where the factory set it (with stock springs, roll bars, wheels) due to the interaction of the short a-arm setup and the underbody aerodynamics. If the car is set too low, expect it to bob up and down at the rear at speed (140+). The short a-arm setup on the 360 makes it only like a very narrow region where traction is optimal (13mm) where the F355 with longer a-arms is happy over 25 mm or so::assuming you get the wheels cornerweighted and aligned after any chassis adjustment.

6. rexrcr

rexrcr Formula 3

Nov 27, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Full Name:
    Rob Schermerhorn
    For a street driven car, go ahead and lower it an inch for visual improvements. Chassis rake must remain as original. Mitch's statements about aero are true.

Follow my article written ostensibly for older chassis, the technique is the same. Figure no less than 4 hours for a professional who does it all the time. I always allow a day for proper alignment, as this is a critical detail, and must be done well.

http://www.deltavee.net/articles/lowering.htm
    A copy of this is also here in FC under the Parts and Service section.

Best regards,

Rob Schermerhorn

7. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    Thanks so much for all the knowledge you have provided

8. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

Just remember, your rear is(has a) wing for downforce. you will be affecting it if you change the ride height