Anyone in here like to write? | FerrariChat

Anyone in here like to write?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by fowler, Mar 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fowler

fowler Rookie

Mar 12, 2004
    I'm doing an ad for class and I need a little bit of copy written. I was thinking that you guys would probably be my best source.

Basically, I'm doing an advertisement for Symbolic Motors (which, in case you don't know, they sell new and vintage Ferraris, among other high end cars). The idea behind the ad is that as a kid/teen/twenty something, you always wanted this certain object (in my case, it's a 60' something Ferrari), but didn't have the funds to purchase it until you were a little farther along in life, say around, late 40's, early 50's. Now, because you have a little more disposable income, you can go and get that certain thing that you've always wanted and not really have to worry about the price of it.

Okay, cool.

Sooo, the anngle that I'm coming from is like, when you were younger, you purchased this set of driving gloves in anticipation of getting that car that would really be deserving of them. You never got that car, so the gloves sat around in a drawer for years, until you finally picked up that used Ferrari... which is when they finally came back out to fulfill their original purpose.

I've tried writing a story (small story) about it, but, a., I suck at creative writing and b., I figure that I'm not really in the right mindset to have an accurate account. Someone who is a little bit older, someone who basically fits the idea of my story might be able to do a better job..

So, there, that's about it. If anyone is willing to help me, I'd be sooooo appreciative. I don't have much to offer in terms of compensation (I'm a poor college student!), other than a mounted copy of the finished product and the writing credit if this ad ever goes anywhere.

aim: fowleryo
    email: [email protected]

Thank you so much.

Craig

2. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Hey, email me I would be interested, you might also want to tald to DES.

3. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    If you do a search for DES or NNO, you will be inundated with Ferrari-related creative writing.

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K. How about this... The man is now middle aged,and perhaps a little overweight. (In my head,I'm picturing the Chubby guy on the Speed channel show, "Dream Car Garage.) He's attended Ferrari shows all these years. Visited Ferrari dealers,like "Wayne" in the Movie,"Waynes World" when he was always going in to look at the Strat,then,finally saying,"No sir,Today I will be BUYING it.... Doesn't matter. He wants that car,NO MATTER WHAT. (He's waited his whole life for this moment) He goes to get in,but first puts on the driving gloves...ofcourse,now they are a little bit small/tight. But,he wiggles them on.(showing a small look of frustration,at first) Then,he goes to get into the car. Same thing. A little bit tight,but,he wiggles in. Once he's settled in.Then,he gets a big Grin on his face,and says..."Ahhhh! Fits like a glove!!! :) " And,off he goes,a Happy man.....

5. fowler

fowler Rookie

Mar 12, 2004
    I like that one, but it seems like more of a commercial. It'd be hard to communicate all of that with only one image (I probably should have mentioned that this is going to be an 11x17 print ad).

But I'll check out those guys that you mentioned... and email the gentlemen that responded first.

Thanks guys :)

6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Thanks Al & Jack...

Fowler, PM me with your phone number, maybe we can chat and brain storm over the wire a bit... If not, just PM me some ideas you've had, i'd love to give you my opinion and try to help, if possible... Sounds like a cool project...

7. fowler

fowler Rookie

Mar 12, 2004
    PMs sent :)

8. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Welcome to Fchat... fowler y0. ;)