Crystal Cove 3/27 Photos!! | FerrariChat

Crystal Cove 3/27 Photos!!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by jordan747_400, Mar 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Great show! For all the Fchatters who stopped coming, you're all missing out :) Apart from the usual cars we had a nice new Maybach, a beautiful early Euro Daytona, and a few other rarities.

3 Fchatters came to the show for the first time today: Matt Germane, Dave Levy, and Dale "Dr.Tax" Spradling. Unfortunately I missed Dale, but I think he enjoyed the show! Matt, great meeting you! Hopefully you can make it out again...Sorry I missed you when you left! Dave, it was a pleasure meeting you after all those phone calls with Carbon!

Dont know how I can say this without giving away his "secret", but Dave brought a beautiful black 550 which apparently "didnt exist" and took me for a spin! Shortly after he even pulled over and let me have a go :) What a blast! I touched my previous top speed record on PCH as a passenger and then when I was at the wheel I pretty much shattered my record for top speed as a driver...Probably shouldnt state that on the public forum though :) The car was rediculously fast and nothing can beat the feeling of 12 cyl. torque! Beautiful car Dave...Thanks again for taking me for a spin!

See you guys next week or tomorrow at the end of breakfast if I can get out of my concert early enough. Ill try and swing by before you all take off! Probably around 11-11:15 if everyone is still there.

On with the pictures...

2. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I love the Daytona with the clear light cover! Sweet!

3. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Nice pics Jordan! What is it now, the fifth ferrari you'v driven? It seems like every month you get at least one drive. Congrats, your going to be a pro driver by the time you get your first ferrari :)

-David

4. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Wonderful!

Is that Blu NART on the 360 spider?

5. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Thanks David! Since you asked, I just updated my "list" of cars Ive driven and driven in as a passenger...Ive driven as a passenger in 17 different Ferraris and Ive driven 7 including the Lamborghini. Luckiest guy in the world!! I can't wait until you get your license. I want to see you driving all your dream cars as well! With pictures of course :)

Garretto, I believe you are correct! It looked MUCH better in person than it did in the photos.

6. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I got there around 7:45 in the ENZO they wouldn't let me inside . I was SO UPSET!!! I left. I wish I could have seen you guys.

7. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    I guess that pretty much sums up why I get there around 8:45 now, or not at all. Life is too short to deal with overdoses of stupidity........

Sorry you went thru that,
    See you tomorrow on the drive,
    Rick

8. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    let me tell you - the 'rentacops' at Crystal Cove have become the biggest pricks too. They're rude, snotty, and give downright menacing looks to about everyone showing up.

It's getting so rediculous, that I'm starting to get to the point that it's just not fun anymore. Everyone I talked to last weekend and today is starting to tire of all the BS involved with this event. The 7am line up, the contest of "who's worthy of coffee (i.e. POS car) vs. who's not (nice car)", the ****** security guards (their attitude, not their presence), the gates that block the main parking lot almost immediately after the event opens, and finally guys like Armen who get fed up and leave (there were a significant amount of people that said f'it, and left).

Crystal Cove is doing a fairly good job of driving people away (pun intended)

I'm thinking of going back to my 6-7am "full throttle, horns a honkin'" crusade.

9. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Dave -

Nice 550! -- and nice Jabra bluetooth to go with it.

A small recommendation, if you don't mind... I found the Jabra to be a real pain in the "ear" over time, and opted for the Ericsson HCB-30 car kit. It's incredibly simple to install, includes radio-mute, great sound quality, etc. And, the bluetooth radio is stronger than whatever is in the Jabra -- the distance is much better.

Anyway, I use the HCB-30 and an old Ericsson R520m (best GSM phone ever) in two cars. It's worth looking into... and it'll save you from the "goofy cyborg" look. ;-)

-Daniel

p.s. I miss California. You guys have all the fun.

10. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    At 8:30 or so, my buddy drove right up to the RAC (who was starting to point out the driveway) by the Starbucks and said, "I'm not here for the show, I'm parking and getting a ****ing cup of coffee!" The RAC just stood there and the car was then in the show.

Jedi mind tricks work just fine. :)

DL

11. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    LOL, That's funny!
    As far as the RAC goes, the last time I showed up at 8:45, I got big thumbs up and smiles from them and I parked in the front row. This was a big difference from the fist fight I almost got in the last time I was there. It made me wonder what was in their thermoses......

12. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Jordan,
    You should become a Ferrari test driver! Damn a 550 Maranello now!!

Nice pics too!
    Love that first pic of the 550 you posted(those fat tires on the 550:))
    Also that 3rd pic of the GT3 is nice!!

13. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan

Thanks everybody.

John, Believe me, if I could become a Ferrari test driver I would pack up everything and move! However, I think 99% of the people on Fchat would be after the same opportunity :) Who knows though...at the rate Im going, the next step is an F1 car? :)

14. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Thanks Jordan. I can't wait to get my first car, and my license. Right now, my sister has her permit, and I am kinda jealous! I want to hopefully get a 1968 Mustang Fastback for my first car at around 15 or so. I want it to be a junker because I want to fix the car up, maybe my Fchat friends can help me with that part :).

Congrats again on your driving experiences, and I wish you a great future.

-David

15. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Armen, some of those security guards are really hard up over at CC, the samething happened to my buddy.

16. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    those security gaurds have no life! they suck! ARRRRGH! lol but yah those are great pics Jordan, unfortunatly i could not make it to CC this Saturday but I will be there next Saturday! And i might bring my car too! so get pics! ^_^

17. jselevan

jselevan Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Gentlemen, allow me to approach the issue of Crystal Cove Security Guards from a different direction.

I am in on-going discussion with management concerning the gathering each Saturday morning. As I have reported, and I suspect most know, they are not pleased with the gathering and would rather it dissipate. I speak for myself, but believe it to be fun and prefer that it continue. The young woman who's responsibility it is to manage the property has had numerous hostile confrontations by attendees, and unfortunately, Armen's comments on Saturday were not well received by her and the guards.

I spoke with her on Saturday, and while things were coming down, they are again inflamed because of Armen's retort.

I suggested to her the following:

We (I am taking the lead, but representing the silent majority) try to communicate in our own style within the ranks the issues that are troublesome. They are:

1 - and most important - we listen. This is not a debate. They find little that we say to be germane. So listen to what their concerns are and see if we can live with them.

2- The property was not developed for this purpose, and its presence The gathering) brings no value to the business owners nor to management. Yes, Starbucks and Pacific Whey benefit, but have not seen sufficient overall profit improvement to make enough noise in support. The other shops are not open at this hour. It is a non-issue to them.

3- There are substantial liability issues. With the number of people and children walking around and cars moving, someone may get hurt. Who pays for the liability insurance for the property? Management.

4- There are substantial cost issues with security guards, which must be present to watch over several thousand people and hundreds of cars. There is no option.

5- Wear and tear - maintenance on the facility, from garbage pickup to black-top resurfacing due to oil leakage.

6- Hostility and indignation - simply not the way to win the hearts of your adversary.

In summary - these legitimate business issues must be communicated effectively to attendees. We must respect them, like them or not. Yelling at security guards when all they are trying to do is what they are paid for is not going to achieve our goal. They do not create policy, they merely enforce it.

The art of diplomacy is letting the other person have your way. Let's smarten up.

Jim S.

18. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    May I ask since when are CC meetings going on?

I would be interested in getting to know some of the history of these CC events.

You guys might want to try another place where you're actually welcome? Surely there's lots of Mall managers out there dying for such meetings in their premises. A smart manager would know how to obtain a profit from these events... I guess.

Armen, what is they reason they didn't let you in? Is there a limited attendance now imposed by management or...?

19. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    Umm- how are they blocking people out and determining who comes in? I was thinking of going next week but why if I cant get in??

20. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    They were not my comments. Unfortunately they were my fathers.

21. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Armen, you and your Dad should just buy that Shopping Center, and than the problems will end. LOL

22. jselevan

jselevan Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    1 - I have studied a number of other sites in proximity to CC and freeways. None are as nice, and the few that are nice are owned by the same management company.

2- Mariners Church might be an alternative (off Bonita and the 73).

3- The policy of CC management is that after all the cars enter at 7:00 am, they close the area for any other cars to come in. Thus, cars that arrive at the 7:00 to 7:20 time period are allowed in. After that, the gates are closed and you are allowed to leave, but no new cars are allowed in to take the space. This keeps the event from continuing late in to the morning. Armen arrived later and could not get in, but not knowing the policy, tempers flared.

More to come.

Jim S.

23. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    How sad that the litigiousness of our society can prevent a bunch of car guys from assembling and enjoying our hobby. Soon, we will not be able to do anything due to liability fears.

Do we really need security guards there? I don't recall any incidents that would require them. But, I suspect they are there due to liability fears, and cover-your-a$$ syndrome.

Wear and tear- I'm not sure that the carguys really increase this. After all, this is a mall, and the parking lots are intended to be full of cars. If not us, then Ms. Soccermom in her Expedition going out to get a latte and some new clothes.

Is anybody here associated with the press? Perhaps a news story that makes the CC management look bad (i.e. preventing joe-citizen from enjoying his hobby) would be useful?

Jim, what about the CC state park? Is that a possibility for a meeting place?

Dom (deeply saddended at the state of todays affairs)

24. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Funny, the people at Starbucks said their business is triple what it used to be prior to this non-event.

And, everytime I come, it appears at least 75% of the attendees are carrying around Starbucks coffee/other drink. This is beyond rediculous. If management wants everyone gone, tell them to forbid Starbucks and Pacific Whey from opening at 5:30am. Otherwise, 75% of the attendees (my observation) are legitmate patronizing customers.

I understand to a limited degree managements perspective. But given most are buying from either place (and sometimes both), managements argument holds little water. We're all customers. IF neither of those shops were open, then everyone would have little reason to be there.

Sorry, for one I don't buy it, and I'm sure Starbucks and PacWhey will be in tears once this event is gone. Additionally, the security guards, most are pricks. I stood by listening to two of them talking to each other, and the things they had to say about everyone, not for virgin ears. And it was just general opinions and comments. They were pissed people were even there. I guess they're too stupid to realize that we're currently keeping them employed.

25. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    The argument I would use is descrimination - those with perceived "nice cars" are prevented from going to Starbucks/Pacific Whey, while those with cars deemed 'not so nice' are permitted.