higher prices on vintage cars | FerrariChat

higher prices on vintage cars

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by theboogers, Mar 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. theboogers

theboogers Rookie

Nov 14, 2003
    maryland
    Full Name:
    steve hannon
    with the euro driving up the prices on the vintage cars do you think it is a good hedge against the dollar drop to buy a vintage car now. what will it take to have the dollar rise or euro drop. will the change in value of the dollar (if it goes higher) then change the price you have paid for the vintage car to be lower? i need some economist input here. getting a 300sl roadster. thanks

2. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    A lot of "experts" think the Euro will continue to gain, in which case it would make more sense to buy Euros. I'd avoid looking at any car for pure investment reasons.

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Nice, what color ?

4. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    In the mean time the Euro has suddenly weakened from $1.28 to $1.20 in the last few weeks, while they were predicting a rise to $1.35. Just nobody knows.

5. theboogers

theboogers Rookie

Nov 14, 2003
    maryland
    Full Name:
    steve hannon
    still looking at a couple of cars, leaning toward silver. i know cars are not a good investment, but better than a bunch of cash in usd sitting still? please, i need more opinions. thanks