What should Kimi's penalty for shoving a marshall? | FerrariChat

What should Kimi's penalty for shoving a marshall?

Discussion in 'F1' started by beast, Mar 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What should Kimi's penalty be for shoving a track marshall?

1. Pull FIA superlicense

2. Fine from FIA

3. fine from Mclaren and sponsors

4. Race Suspension

5. Point deduction

6. Season long probation

7. Penalty on starting grid at next race

8. Be charged with assault by the marshall

9. nothing

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Ok We have discussed it now lets vote on it.. What kind of Penalty should the FIA hand out to Kimi for his unprofessional behaviour towards track marshalls?

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

A bus driver for the day for free 8hr shift in New York. (In full uniform).

3. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Have the marshall push him back!!!!!

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Big freakin' deal. Talk about a mountain out of a mole hill.

Remember Piquet boxing Irvine, now that was interesting. This was just a frustrated driver. Can you blame him?

5. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    get real ! virtually every driver in that circumstance has reacted in the same way, and so would any one of you ! his car sucks and blew up 2nd race in a row - thats punishment enough.

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Fine the first time...

7. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Every one seems to be missing the point. in every other form of racing something like this takes place and fines and penaltys are levied.

What Kimi did may have been out of frustration but it is not the first time he had done this. I gives F1 and his sponsors a black eye. Think about it every other action on the track has repercusions,, How come the FIA has not stepped in on this one. Infact they called in Jarrno about bumping into a few cars on the start at Sepang.

Just my honest opinion.
    Rob

8. Ferrari_co_uk

Ferrari_co_uk Karting

Apr 16, 2003
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Langfield
    So what would you guys have done with James Hunt after he flattened a marshall with a punch! Banned him for life?!?

When will marshalls understand that the last thing you need when you get out the car is to be grabbed? You see this all the time. I think martin brundles comments were spot on about it. And at least KR showed a bit of emotion!!

Best
    Mark

9. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    Send him to bed without his supper.

Tom

10. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    K.R. is a well payed profi! So he has to act like a profi! That may not happen to a profi.

11. exiges

exiges Karting

Feb 26, 2004
    Midlands
    Full Name:
    David Brown
    I don't think the marshall deserved what he got, he was only doing his job after all, and no matter what job you do, you don't deserve to be shoved..

However, in light of the nature of the sport etc. etc. I think Kimi should make a wholeheart and unreserved apology IN PERSON to the marshall.. and leave it at that.

12. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Tom, that's hilarious! Maybe he should also go to time-out for an hour or two.

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Rob, I agree that the honorable thing would be a personal apology. However I don't want any additional interference of the FIA with any driver behaviour on or off the track. They're already behaving like lemmings out of fear of a race ruining (or WC ruining as JPM at USGP 2003) drive through penalty.

Point in case: A couple of years ago we had accidents at the start of the races and the FIA stepped in threatening the drivers with race bans etc. What happened afterwards? No more accidents, fine, but also no more daring passing maneuvers.

FIA and racing to me is like government and the economy: The less it interferes the better we're all off.

14. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    Or write on a blackboard 100X----"I am a BAD boy." ;)

Tom

15. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    $50K Fine.

He'll use better judgement next time.

Kind Regards, Chris

16. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    make him race the next time with high heels and a scottish skirt..

17. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess

That might cause a McLaren 1-2 finish with kimi winning.. He would have to drive so fast since Kimi in High heels and a skirt got DC all horned up :D

18. The Godmother

The Godmother Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Marci H.
    When I did a stint as a corner worker, we were told EXPLICITLY: DO NOT TOUCH OR INTERFERE WITH THE DRIVERS. HANDS OFF. Also, don't talk to them!

So what does this Marshall do? He grasps KR right above the elbow. He deserved what he got - he never should have laid a hand on the driver. Especially one high on adrenaline and po'd at a DNF. <g>

19. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Where were you guys when I was arguing with Beast in the last thread? In that thread everyone wanted to punch Kimi's lights out.

Let it go. It was no big deal.

20. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    What is a "profi"???

21. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Professional

22. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    It seems to me that the greatest punishment one could levy on an F1 driver would be to force him out into the public without his halo of protection. Mark Webber excepted. Therefore, maybe his punishment should be having to fly to the next race commercially, in coach(!). Once at the airport, he will have to head down to baggage claim, identify and pick up his own luggage and either a) rent a car from Hertz, b) locate the shuttle bus to his hotel or c) go outside and flag a cab. And no attempts at hiding by dressing like a civilian. He will be forced to wear the usual team gear laden with sponsors' logos. I'm sure it won't take but one time for the offending driver to reclaim perspective and appreciate those who are there to help him earn his swag.

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hilarious idea!

Reminds me of the chapter in Steve Hatchett's book "Life in the fast lane" in which he describes the Benetton mechanics arrival at their hotel in Japan: They were stalked immediately by the press at check-in into the elevator, down the hallway even into their hotel room. And these were 'only' the mechanics! So imagine Kimi doing all the above, but on top having to deal with the fans of Japan. The iceman would melt in a heartbeat.

24. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I find it sad to think that the worst thing you could do to Kimi is force him to interact with his fans. Not sure what to do with that thought...

25. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Kimi may not serve as the best example in this case. But I think in general the sentiment applies. Not all actresses are divas, but most of them would shrivel up and die if they were abandoned in a 7-11 on the outskirts of Chabooda Mississippi.