Dave Chapelle Video | FerrariChat

Dave Chapelle Video

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by mighty, Mar 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
  2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I saw him do stand up and I didn't think it was funny at all, but whatever. Everyone has his own tastes. Basically he would ramble for like 15 seconds about something that wasn't funny and nobody would be laughing, and then he would a) say something sexual or b) start cursing c) something not funny about race, and everyone would think it was hilarious... Talk about just using offensiveness for the sake of it. Seriously, it would be like, "So, yeah, I'm standing up on this stage now, and, I flew into town today. There's a lot of white people in the audience." Seriously, it was that stupid. I didn't find anything clever about his standup. I have seen other videos of him in which he says funny stuff.

I miss Seinfeld!

3. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
    I LOVE seinfeld too, but Jerry's standup was not that amazing itself. The show was increadible, don't get me wrong, but I don't think the standup held up all that well on its own personally.
    If Chapelle is not your style, that's cool. I could definately imagine watching him and not being able to get past the shock of some of the subject matter. But if you can, there are some insightful observations about the state of the race issue in america.

4. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Chris Rock's one of the best when it comes to stand up.