Picking up my 328 | FerrariChat

Picking up my 328

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Glen_Lloyd, Mar 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Glen_Lloyd

Glen_Lloyd Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 13, 2003
    Lloydminster AB
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I am heading to LFSC to pick up my 328. Is the weather going to be good enough to do some driving? Does Illinois have a 21 day permit type of thing?
    Thamks

2. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    The weather is good enough for driving, but it's Chicago so it's likely to change twice before you can get here.

I'm not sure if if there is a 21 day permit or not here in Illinois, this is something the guys at LFSC are familiar with. There should be a way to get the car out of the country without paying the sales tax.

Will you be in town for a while?

3. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Unfortunately, it looks like the nice weather is vanishing as we speak. It's supposed to cool off and rain most of the week.

4. Glen_Lloyd

Owner

Dec 13, 2003
    Lloydminster AB
    Full Name:
    Glen
    If the weather isn't nice, I can't see hanging around long....

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,you made a great choice as to where you are purchasing your Ferrari. I bought mine there a little over 3 years ago. Great bunch of guys,and the car has been perfect,so far.

6. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Frank, I agree. They are a really good group of guys. I just purchased a car from them and they have been stand up all the way. The car is being delivered on Wednesday. I can't wait! Although I may have to wait awhile to drive it given the weather.

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,we certainly are very fortunate to have TWO Fantastic,Very Reputable,Long Time, Factory Authorized Ferrari Dealers in the Chicago area.

Definitely,there are others across the Country,too. But,I've seen many a post on FChat regarding something or the other with quite a few Ferrari dealerships. Anywhere from poor service. Bogus Cars. Or as simple as just having a Snobby attitude. You never hear anything bad about our area Ferrari Dealerships. I believe that they both have a Sterling reputation,that they most certainly would not wish to Tarnish over a few bucks. They don't need to. Their Reputations speak for themselves.

I was at a Ferrari Dealership out in the SouthWest States.. (I won't say which one...I might move out there someday..and may need to use them for Service Issues....:) ) The Salesman didn't even LOOK at me,even though I was dressed nice,and even had on a Ferrari Polo. And,the only person walking around looking at the Cars in their Store. I say,"Beautiful Car!!!" (A 550 Barchetta) He's says,"Nice car indeed...IF you can afford it!" Well,he just screwed up. I can,but,I won't be buying anything from Him.

And,I am looking to add another Ferrari,(or Two...don't tell the Mrs....Shhhh!!!! :) ) this year. And,I will go to either of the Two Great Ferrari dealerships in our area,no doubt. First,to see what they have.

( BTW...we have an equally good Lamborghini Dealer in the Area....:) Great bunch of guys over there,also. And,they always have a great selection of Exotics,and Pre Driven Ferrari's,too.I've never heard anything bad about them either. And they are also very friendly,and will spend the time talking about the cars with you. )

Yes,we are well blessed in the Chicagoland area....:)

8. Glen_Lloyd

Owner

Dec 13, 2003
    Lloydminster AB
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Never been in that area before, any thing I shouldn't miss while I am there?

9. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Glen, how long will you be here, and where are you staying?

10. Glen_Lloyd

Owner

Dec 13, 2003
    Lloydminster AB
    Full Name:
    Glen
    perhaps 2 or 3 days, if weather is nice. Staying in lake Bluff.