Transmission issues | FerrariChat

Transmission issues

Discussion in 'Texas' started by WJHMH, Mar 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I just found out after runnig a track event yesterday at MSR that my main shaft bearing is going out. Just great... My tranny was making a God awful sound when down shifting, so I packed up my things & headed back to Ft. Worth.

PROS = can be replaced with a type R tranny w/ LSD
    CONS = I was qouted this morning $3000+ with parts & labor

If anyone knows where I can get a better quote & knows a good Acura mechanic, let me know.

2. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
  3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Thanks Rodney. I was told by another local Honda shop that due to the age of my transmission, it would be pointless to rebuild it. There can be more issues with it until you get it open. Thats a 50/50 that I don't want to take. I was also told that a new GSR & Type R tranny are the exactly the same price . I alway thought a TYPE R traanny would be more due to the LSD? I want an LSD system for autocross, they are supossed to be more durable for track events so it could take a week to 4 weeks to order. Time is an issue with me & I'd like to get this done ASAP. Damn, I'll just have a beer now & worry about it in the morning.

BTW: Great to see Dave at the track event & big thanks for his help.