Lowered 308 pics | FerrariChat

Lowered 308 pics

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by brent Lachelt, Mar 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    #1 brent Lachelt, Mar 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    The top pic is the before pic. I wish it was better. I think there is another pic in my profile.

3. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Do you have to take the driveway at an angle? That seems to work...
    Looks nice, any lower would be too much.

4. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Couple quick questions, exactly how much lower is it?

How much did the set up run?

Where did you get it?

Any modifications ness. to install or a direct swap?

What tires are you running?

5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
  6. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
    looks great!
    I lowered my 308 too, makes it look so much better with out the fender gap...

7. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Zach I do have to take it at a side angle and go very slow. It's a real pain. After thinking about it, I think your correct. Any lower and it starts to look goofy. Kinda like my neighbors honda civic. Omar the front is almost 2" lower and the rears almost 1.5". The whole set up with shocks and springs was about $850 from Summit Racing 1-800-230-3030. They are QA1 springs and shocks. Besides lowering the car, it handles much better. Very little body roll in turns. I did have to make a small cut on part of the upper front A-arm t get the front shocks in. David Jones had a post on lowering a 308 with pics of the mod. Very easy to do.

8. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Looks great love the deep dish F40 wheels

9. TopMonkey

TopMonkey Karting

Mar 14, 2004
    Monroe, LA
    Full Name:
    Joel C.
    Wow, thats awesome. I liked it in the first pic, but after it just looks mean!

10. CarlDog

CarlDog Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Southern NH
    Full Name:
    David
    That looks real good. Nice choice.

Regards,

David

11. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Looking Good Brent!

12. silverf1modena

silverf1modena Formula Junior

I'm just a newbie here, but if I could say so myself... THAT LOOKS TITE!!!!! It sits really nicley! Wow! What size are your wheels? 17's, 18's? That rear lip is DEADLY!!! I just put some Hamann 19X9's and 19X11.5's on my 360 but the rear lip is not even close to as nice as yours! I had no idea you could put such a mean offset on the 308's. I'm just waiting for my centercaps to come on my wheels cuz the Hamann caps are oddly sized and square star shaped, so i had to get mine fabricated. But once I get it slapped on I'll post my pics! But once again, Your car is one mean lookin machine!!!! Much props to ya!!!

13. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Car looks good. I also like the shields on the car. Are they the metal ones?

14. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    Does anyone know if these shocks would work for a DINO 246GT? How much of the suspension design is common between 246s and 308s? I'd love to lower my DINO. The shop that it's at right now has a lowered DINO but they just cut the springs. If I do anything to the springs, I'd at least want to change them to progressive springs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

15. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Thanks for the kind words guys. In response to your questions the wheels are 17 inch and the shields are the raised plastic adhesive ones. Should have gotten the metal ones I guess.

16. Harta320

Harta320 Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill Smith
    Hey Brent, great looking car. I am planning on doing the same set up as you have here in the next couple of months. A few questions. 1. where did you get the wheel emblems, 2. how did you set the height of the car? I know the shocks with the springs can be adjusted but did you have some one with scales set it up each corner? Thanks

Bill

17. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Bill,

I left you a message on the thread in tech on 17" wheels too. The emblems where from a guy in palm springs ca. He has a small web site. Try using yahoo and search compomotive ferrari wheel emblems or something like that. They were $80 for 5 of them. If you can't find him let me know and I'll try to find the paperwork. I use to have a surface plate and scales when I raced cars, but sold off everything several years ago. What I did was set the fronts up first keeping them the same from side to side.(ride height) Then I did the rears. Once I got the ride heights where I wanted them I disconnected the front and rear sway bars and adjusted the links from left to right so the bolts went in and out of the rod ends smoothly without binding. Oh I guess I should mention that I have adjustable aftermarket sway bars so I can prevent them from binding up by adjusting them when I was changing ride heights. If you have stock sway bars you cannot do this. In that case it would be better if you have scales so the corner weights aren't too far off. I'm not so sure how right on these corner weights have to be on a street car application. I know mine is not perfect, but it seems to drive fine.

18. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    WOW! looks awesome! big difference i think. Lovin the wheels too!

- Andy

19. g60racer

g60racer Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Brendan Prout
    Love those HRE's... don't see too many 308's rocking them anymore. Nice!

20. g60racer

g60racer Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Brendan Prout
    Oh wait, my bad... are they Compmotive's? Hard to tell the difference. Either way, beautiful wheel.

21. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Brent-

Could you please disclose wheel brand and tire size/brand?

Tires/wheels are in my opinion the only thing that makes stock 308's less than desireable.

Thanks,

nick

22. g60racer

g60racer Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Brendan Prout
    Was talking to Guy at HRE and found out that Etoile also has the tooling for those wheels and made them at one point for Ferrari... talk about a wheel design that gets around! :) HRE, Comp, and Etoile... seems like it had a different manufacturer for each couple of years it was produced. Which make are yours?

23. felix66

felix66 Karting

Feb 21, 2004
    London
    very nice - how you coping with the driveway?

24. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    The wheels are Compomotive. Fronts are 17x8 and rears are 17x9. The tires are Yokohama AVS. Fronts are 225/45/17 and the rears are 255/40/17. As far as the driveway is concerned I have to take it at a great angle and no passenger in the car. If I do that , no scrapes.

25. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
    205/45/16 front 225/45/16 rear bridgestone RE750