gear oil supplier needed | FerrariChat

gear oil supplier needed

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by F308 MAN, Mar 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    I am struggling to source a supplier willing to "post" gear oil to the isle of man......searching for preferably, Mobilube 1 SHC 75W 90 or would be content with the Shell equivalent (fully synthetic).......need 9 litres......thanks in anticipation......david

2. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Is your problem finding somebody who will supply or somebody who will ship? Do you know if there are issues shipping lubricants?

3. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Have you tried demon tweeks ?

4. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    hi robin, .....yes, it is a shipping issue.....it's probably best to mail order and hope the supplier is ignorant to the rules and regs.
    thanks, david

5. Philjay50

Philjay50 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Where does the problem exsist, is it that no body wants to send the oil or is it the ferry's not wanting to handle it ? If the problem is just that nobody can be bothered, I travel to the Island every now and then, I could bring it over, failing that I sure that a courier could be organised from this end or even just put it on the ferry for you to collect. If I can help let me know.
    By the way when you bring your F car over to the "mainland" which ferry do you use, I go via L'Pool on the fast cat but the loading etc frightens me away from bring my Ferrari over.

6. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    yes...thanks andrew....they have accepted the order for delivery to the island....fingers crossed ??
    thanks again, david

7. Philjay50

Philjay50 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Is it pricey ?

8. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    Thanks for the offer of help phil (?)......problem hopefully sorted now via demon tweeks.....i NEVER take "gina" on the liverpool routes, and the seacat services.....they cram the cars in like sardines and doors and panels are inevitably damaged.....i always use the heysham (nr morecombe) service, it's an hour longer but the guys on the vessel have respect for quality and there is plenty of room.......we are to organise an isle of man weekend soon, once i can tally up all arrangements etc - watch this space !
    give us a shout next time your'e over.
    regards and grateful thanks, david

9. Philjay50

Philjay50 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Is your's a Red 308 I see parked in Douglas down by the harbour?

10. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    £111 per nine litres, inc vat and express delivery

11. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name: