Car Vandalised | FerrariChat

Car Vandalised

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Davey S1, Mar 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Fortunately not mine and not a Ferrari but a stunning Lotus Esprit.

I went to the UK national Lotus show at Donnington race track on Saturday. It's the biggest Lotus show in the UK and attracts thousands of owners.

Inside the exhibition hall they had all the usual traders and also some dealers.

One of the dealers had about 10 cars there for sale including an early 80's Esprit special edition, one of only twenty cars produced. It has only done 400 miles from new and had been kept in a museum since it was built. Needless to say it was absolutely stunning.

When I walked past it for the second time there was a big group or people standing around it and it turned out that some sick F%$K had keyed it all down one side (it was parked side on the the wall of the hall). The scratch was all the way into the body and was about 5 feet long with some other smaller but equally deep scratches.

I found out later that 3 other cars were also keyed, all belonging to the same dealer.

I can't believe that someone would do something like this at an event like this. Whoever it was must have had some sort of grudge against the dealer but even so why would you key a car if you were an enthusiast of the marque?

It really pi$$ed me off and spoilt what was otherwise a good day.

2. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I'm sure surveillance cameras caught the acts. Or with all that many in attendance, I'm sure someone saw something.

Yes, absolutley sh---y that these things happen, because now, you can expect future shows will have the cars five feet away behind ropes, to prevent incidents like this happening again.

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Only that dealer's cars? Whatever the story is behind it...the other cars were probably not involved.

One day, that worm's Karma will get him.

There was a 550 Maranello at Premier Motorsports one day. The story was that the owners g/f (in a fit of rage and jealousy over his purchase of the car) took a punch and dug into every body panel of the car and broke the windscreen. She even scratched the paint on the calipers! The guy had bought it on a Friday and she did this at his office on Monday....all because she assumed he would ignore her because of the car. She admitted it and was prosecuted.

The car had 200 miles on it.

DL

4. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    That is truly sick with a capital S, my ex-wife did the exact same thing to my 1990 Greenwood Corvette, nlack on black, nicest paint job I have ever seen, would rival a lot of the world's supercar finishes IMO, she took a gardening hand rake to every, and I do mean EVERY inch of the car. People that do not appeciate beauty and the sanctity of other people's property are just LOSERS in my book, lower than slugs!

5. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    Glad to see those types of losers aren't exclusive to the US. That stuff happens all the time here. Boggles the mind.

6. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Unfortunately there was no CCTV in the exhibition hall so it looks like the w@nker will get away with it.

I still can't work out why a Lotus owner / enthusiast would do such a thing. I'm sure there are people on this board who have been shafted by dealers in the past but would you dream of wrecking a beautiful car just to get back at the dealer? I dont think so.

On the jealous wives topic Nick Faldo's girlfriend took a 9 iron to his Porsche 959 after she found out he had been playing away (and I dont mean golf). The fully repaired car was sold last year for just under £100K.