I put 22 inch Cargraphic wheels on Cayenne today | FerrariChat

I put 22 inch Cargraphic wheels on Cayenne today

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by zjpj, Mar 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Instead of writing my thesis which is due in two weeks....

I helped my friend put his summer wheels / tires on his Cayenne. I think they look really good.

2. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    that looks nice!

3. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    That Cayenne is still an ugly tub.

4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I think it looks really good from the back, not from the front.

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I dont like the looks of the Cayanne,but Gemballa makes avery nice conversion for it which makes it look awesome with 700hp.

6. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Don't give him any ideas, Allan. The man's got a thesis to write. Not a Cayenne fan. I like the wheels, though.

7. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    The Cayenne has the same appearence as the MB G wagon, a box with horsepower. They are so ugly and fast. A weird combo.

Wheels look nice man.

8. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Thanks everyone. I really like multispoke wheels...
    Ride is, amazingly, not very harsh with these, despite the size.

I'm not an SUV guy myself. I just have a wagon to hall all my junk. Personally, I think you only need an SUV if you have something to tow, like a car or a boat. Thankfully, there are now a lot of cars with AWD.

9. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Are you hinting for a Gallardo with a trailer hitch?

10. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Oh, no, haha. I mean this: I think many people (at least in the NE United States) get SUVs because they have AWD and thus are good in snow and crappy weather, plus they have enough cargo room to haul whatever needs to be carried.
    But, now with Subaru and Audi taking the lead, and many other luxury and regular marques following, you have many sedans and wagons in AWD. The need for an SUV for all-weather activities is diminished.
    I'd take an Outback or an Audi Allroad quattro any day instead. The only reason I'd get an SUV is if I needed to tow a sports car to a track day :)

11. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I think those wheels do improve the look of the Cayenne. I must say its growing on me as a car, its a very good performing beast also, being faster than a Boxster S around the Nurburgring. :)

12. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I must note: the car also has air suspension and is on the lowest setting. The car, IMO, looks MUCH better when it is lowered than when it is raised. Something to consider...
    I wonder if, when the 997 goes back to round headlights, the Cayenne will get a similar face lift. If they make the 2nd generation Cayenne really good looking, it will be an even greater force.

13. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    i guess people will buy anything that is an suv. It is now the biggest seller for porsche, why, It might just be me but I think it is ugly.

sorry

14. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    Zach

Your friend should use his money to get a TT rather than a modded S. There is a world of difference between the two. That said, the wheels you put on fill out the wheel wells much better than mine. Did you take a much larger circumference (sp) and how off is the speedo now?

15. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    rijk,

we didn't use any spacers because the wheels are pretty wide already, and I think the GPS recalibration takes care of the speedo.

Rear tires are 11.5 inches!

16. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I did not know Gemballa had a conversion, they are awesome, I saw a Gemballa in Italy near Portofino that was kick ass!

17. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    My Twin Turbo Cayenne is faster to 60 than my 512, At least in the snow...At first I thought it looked like a blowfish....once you own it it starts to look like another type of fish.....a great white !!